Robocop - Blu Ray ?8.99 @ HMV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robocop - Blu Ray ?8.99 @ HMV

After missing out on Missions copy in the sales folder I thought I'd see how much I could get Robocop for online.

HMV came up trumps for ?8.99 delivered

Bargain for one of the bestest films everer

Neil

It's an awful Blu-ray tbh. You can buy the trilogy on DVD for £4.99 from Play.com.

Comment

Also, given the rather sharp decline in prices of blu-ray, I wouldn't have said £9 was particularly bargainous.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear View Post
        It's an awful Blu-ray tbh. You can buy the trilogy on DVD for ?4.99 from Play.com.
        Dammit!!!!!!

I've already got the original Trilogy & the Criteron edition at home but was hoping the BD would be a good transfer & a bit better looking.

Oh well the order was processed earlier so cant cancel it but I should be able to get most of my cash back.

Neil

Comment

I'd say the blu is a slight step up from the recent DVD, but not much more than that. The real kicker is that they left off all of the bonus material from the 20th anniversary release - I'm not usually one for extras, but I loves me some 'cop so would've liked it all in one package.

Comment

It's bloody annoying these crapped out releases. There's just so many of them now.
            Maybe someone should start a Blu-ray discs to miss thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear View Post
              It's bloody annoying these crapped out releases. There's just so many of them now.
              Maybe someone should start a Blu-ray discs to miss thread?
              That could be a great help I think.

I've heard nothing but bad things about the UK releases for Underworld on BD as well.
              Apparantly the Australian Region B releases are the ones to go for if you need Reg B

Neil

Comment

Robocop is alrightish in the main, but the material cut in from the "director's cut" looks beyond awful in some cases, like almost posterised.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                  I've already got the original Trilogy & the Criteron edition at home but was hoping the BD would be a good transfer & a bit better looking.
                  Personally, the IQ difference between DVD (well upscaled) and Blu-Ray isn't enough to make me re-buy a disk unless the new release is an incredible improvement.

The Criterion is the only edition with the "proper" aspect ratio. The Criterion is already the director's cut.

So I can see how you might buy this if you didn't already have it & just wanted to watch the movie, but it's nothing special, IMO.

Stroller.

Comment

Working...
                  X