Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminium MacBook 13" - old stock, pre-speedbump - ?768.99 - ComputerWarehouse.co.uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aluminium MacBook 13" - old stock, pre-speedbump - ?768.99 - ComputerWarehouse.co.uk

Looks like there's just been a speed-bump of the 13" MacBooks and that ComputerWarehouse.co.uk is selling off some old stock.

They emailed me today to say they have some 2ghz, 13" aluminum unibody MacBooks for ?768.99.

That's only ?19 more than you'd pay for a plastic MacBook - I have one of those and can tell you for sure the aluminum unibody is thinner and much nicer. A customer of mine has one of these and it's lovely - I would love one myself, but I'm too skint at the moment.

It looks like the spec between the 13" MacBook & MacBook Pro models is all the same, apart from the plastic body and:
    • This offer - aluminium body - 2ghz CPU - ?768.99.
    • Plastic MacBook direct from Apple - 2.13ghz CPU - ?749
    • Aluminium MacBook Pro direct from Apple - 2.26ghz CPU - boasts 7-hour battery life - ?899

I'm not sure what the battery life claim is on this Computer Warehouse model, but graphics card, RAM & hard-drive are all the same.

Also, you should know that Snow Leopard OS X 10.6 has been announced today - up to you whether that's a big deal (I think it's a ?30 upgrade).

Stroller.

The battery life will be 3 - 4 hours on this model.

Comment

I did a little more searching later yesterday, and I think the claimed battery life is 5 hours. 3 - 4 hours is probably a lot more reasonable, so take the claims of 7 hour battery life on the newer model with a pinch of salt.

AFAICT the newer model has a non-replaceable battery (just like the iPod &c), so IMO the one Computer Warehouse is discounting is the one to get (because you can easily replace the battery when its ability to hold charge deteriorates).

Comment

Working...
      X