Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern Warfare 2 (possibly) for ?30 or less.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    My launch Premium 360 finally RRD'd on Friday. Grrrrr.

I tried to pick up MW2 on Thur from my indie, no go. Working from home on Fri and hols on Mon so couldn't get to indie until today - a bit pointless.

Will be trading in my towelled 360 tomorrow for an Elite with MW2, gutted I won't be playing it tonight.
    Wait, so someone's ACTUALLY going to let you trade in a RRD'd machine? You'd be better off cutting your losses and sell it for 'scrap' on ebay or here.

Personally I'd be more gutted for the console, rather than not being able to play MW2 tonight - I got my sainsburys copy online due tomorrow, I'm not disappointed at all.

Comment

i am really in half a mind to buy it if i can get it at that price i mean £26 or £25 what a steal but i am not going to go mad if i can't get a copy of that price
      Last edited by hush; 10-11-2009, 17:23.

Comment

You won't get one now, they will be all sold ou.

Comment

I just got of the phone with a lady from my local sainsburys and she is sayingthat the offer is till Monday and to try again or phone as they are going to get a shipment again sometime this week

Comment

Got mine from Makro tonight in Bristol, one of 8 remaining copies, and everyone else in the queue was there for a copy as well.

Comment

Still 5 left in Bristol for the 360! Surprised to see so few left in Birmingham, given it had the most out of the country! http://www.makro.co.uk/servlet/PB/me...641/index.html

Comment

Get on it then!!

I used a makro card that I've had since 2007 and never used. Got me into the store, but I was queing with trepidation thinking 'I've never used this card..' I had also printed out the 'voucher' from the website to be safe.

All good though.

Comment

I can't believe there are still 360 copies left in the manchester store - I could have had one of those

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                    Wait, so someone's ACTUALLY going to let you trade in a RRD'd machine? You'd be better off cutting your losses and sell it for 'scrap' on ebay or here.

Personally I'd be more gutted for the console, rather than not being able to play MW2 tonight - I got my sainsburys copy online due tomorrow, I'm not disappointed at all.
                    It was RRD but I towelled and put it in the fridge - sorted. Reading up it's unlikely this is going to last long though, so offload it while I can. I could do with a bigger HD anyway, bonus of HDMI too.

Not covered under RRD as it's over 3 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
                      It was RRD but I towelled and put it in the fridge - sorted. Reading up it's unlikely this is going to last long though, so offload it while I can. I could do with a bigger HD anyway, bonus of HDMI too.

Not covered under RRD as it's over 3 years old.
                      Gamestation wouldn't take it - all repacked in the original bags etc but the power cord was slightly modified as it was an import from Amazon.de.

Hottailed it round to Game, they took it but it wouldn't scan the barcode. Anyway, all traded in.

Tempted by the COD:MW2 Elite pack but went for a 120gb Elite instead with MW2 and Forza3.

Shame I've a load on at work today otherwise I would be sloping off early to get stuck into it.

Comment

Just bought a copy in my local Tesco for £25 - granted, had to buy Uncharted 2 at £40 to qualify, but I was all set to order that online anyway.

Apparently, they had received more stock this afternoon, so bear that in mind if you're still looking.

Comment

I went with Amazon in the end anyhow, but I overheard tonight in my local Sainsburys, they have PS3 back in stock tomorrow and XB360 hopefully for Friday for the weekend.

Comment

was going to buy this from amazon but today the price has gone up to 38.49

Comment

It was £32 when I bought it the other day, and is right now...

Comment

I think its 30quid in Argos, offer might end tommorrow tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X