GAME in Borders Bargains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAME in Borders Bargains

Borders is closing down, the Leeds shop had a GAME shop inside and suprisingly alot of their stuff is on clearance.
    I didnt think it would be as they could ship the lot to another store, but quite a bit is on offer.

Loads of PS3/360 titles for around ?3.
    Found Fire Emblem DS sealed for ?4.98 and No More Heroes Wii for ?3.98

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon for a fiver? :O Don't fancy picking one up for me and I can give you a few extra ? for the trouble?

Comment

Gonna have a nip into the nearby borders for some cheapo xmas pressies, then! Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Yeah, I popped in on Tuesday night, about 7.45pm, but the GAME bit had already cashed up, but was 'browsable', but I didn't notice any bargains, maybe they've been added over the last couple of days. I'm guessing the 360 offers didn't include The Fallout 3/Fable2/Bioshock GOTYs, and that all the good stuff will end up being farmed out to the other Leeds branches, where it will regain the usual GAME ****e pricing???

Anyway, it was my *favourite* shop in Leeds to 'hang' in (Borders, that is) and I am proper gutted it is going. I can understand why it's going, because everything it sells is either A. becoming obsolete (magazines, digital media), B. can be bought cheaper elsewhere (books, DVDs, CDs) or C. can be downloaded freely and easily anyway (pretty much all of the above) but Leeds won't be quite the same without it (big sob).

BIG sob, with snot n' that, and phlegmy, sucking, sniffly sounds.

Get a stack of mags and sit in an armchair, Official XB360 mag without the rip-off disc 'cos someone had the balls to tear off the plastic bag and leave the naked magazine in the stand (£5.99???! PAH!) , Paranoia: The Conspiracy Reader, Total Film, Bizarre, Retro Gamer (sorry, Strider), just sit in an armchair and read them for an hour whilst you're waiting to meet that person at the pub or wherever. Or just grab a book, any book, read it, leave a little fold in the corner of a certain page, then go back to it the next day and finish it. It's how shops are meant to be.

And the women you saw in there, such a wide variety of non-chav femininity of all ages, races, creeds.... specky chicks, sexy fat chicks, Taiwanese students with strangely large bosoms, intellectual MILF/GILF-types, goth chicks who don't care about vampires anymore, classy women, Americans, different people to what you expect Leeds to be....

Like I said, proper, truly gutted.

Comment

Cheers for the heads up on this. Reduced items are on one aisle.

Got Far Cry 2 on the PS3 and Xbox 360 for 4 pounds each, Conan on the Xbox 360 for 3 pounds and Fire Emblem DS for 5 pounds brand new.

Also saw, Guitar Hero World Tour on the PS3 for 4 pounds, Elite Beat Agents for 3 pounds, God of War on the PSP for 3 pounds, Condemned/Condemned 2 for about 3 pounds and Dark Sector for 3 pounds. Few other games as well such as sports titles.

Worth a look if you are in the area

Comment

Popped into the Birstall branch (near the Showcase cinema) and grabbed a few cheap games - Kameo and World Snooker Championship 2007 on 360 for £2.48, Forza 2 360 and No More Heroes Wii for £3.98 (the bird wants a Wii for Christmas so I finally have a reason to buy this!!) Apart from that, the only other interesting game I saw was TNA Impact on 360 for £3.98, but I wasn't sure how good it was supposed to be. The main Leeds Borders GAME has Condemned for £2.98, which is a great price if you've never played the game (and let's say it has a very 'seasonal' level, which makes it a very appropriate buy at this time of year!)

I didn't realise the entire Borders chain was closing down.

Comment

Also got a sealed copy of Fire Emblem DS this evening. Thanks for this, think I'll save it for my DSi XL.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                Popped into the Birstall branch (near the Showcase cinema) and grabbed a few cheap games - Kameo and World Snooker Championship 2007 on 360 for ?2.48, Forza 2 360 and No More Heroes Wii for ?3.98 (the bird wants a Wii for Christmas so I finally have a reason to buy this!!) Apart from that, the only other interesting game I saw was TNA Impact on 360 for ?3.98, but I wasn't sure how good it was supposed to be. The main Leeds Borders GAME has Condemned for ?2.98, which is a great price if you've never played the game (and let's say it has a very 'seasonal' level, which makes it a very appropriate buy at this time of year!)

I didn't realise the entire Borders chain was closing down.
                Okay, must go and have a look in the Borders one again myself tomorrow. I already snagged 2 x Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition for ?4.00 a piece and Bullet Witch for ?3.00 (all 2nd-hand mind you but the condition of the discs, for a a change, is admirable).

Would be nice to get a 2nd copy of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for E-bay purposes.

Comment

Working...
                X