Lord of the Rings Trilogy [Blu-ray] - ?29.97

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord of the Rings Trilogy [Blu-ray] - ?29.97

The Fellowship of the Ring might not be that impressive in terms of picture quality and the extended editions are not included in the package but at £29.97 the bundle certainly is tempting!

Last edited by ezee ryder; 15-04-2010, 00:14.

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
    The Fellowship of the Ring might not be that impressive in terms of picture quality and the extended editions are not included in the package but at ?29.97 the bundle certainly is tempting!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rings-Trilog...1290088&sr=1-1
    WHAT WHAT WHAT??????? But why? Honestly talk about sticking the arm in, expect the extended versions in a years time I guess, or maybe just in time for Christmas.

Comment

watched the 1st 1 on blue ray i was not dissipointed

Comment

£29.99 in store at tescos

Comment

Region locked for anyone that needs to know....

Comment

Also at Play.com for £29.99.

Comment

I can't bring myself to buy these knowing they'll release the extended editions before long, possibly with better quality/features. I have both still on DVD anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                I can't bring myself to buy these knowing they'll release the extended editions before long, possibly with better quality/features. I have both still on DVD anyway.
                me too - especially since the transfers are not supposed to be as good as they should be
                Last edited by dvdx2; 19-04-2010, 14:38.

Comment

I think you're looking at end of 2012 for the longer versions, they'll be put out for the release of The Hobbit.

I understand only Fellowship is a bit poor, the other 2 are good transfers. They'll all be a big jump over DVD still, and the best you can buy for a few years.

I may pick this up when it's under £20...

Comment

Yeah, they're been scheduled to tie in with the other two films in 2012 but recent comments from Jackson seem to suggest that they could be earlier.

The other reason they won't be out earlier is because is because Jackson is pretty much redoing everything for a definitive edition of the films. Forget about all the extras on the Extended Editions DVD as as he's starting again with that stuff.

I not really bothered about extras myself but was really impressed with what he did with the Extended Editions on DVD so I suppose I'd rather he did this than just sticking a couple of DVDs as they've done with the recent release.

Comment

Working...
                    X