• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damien View Post
    Pissed I missed this!
    Hope you guys get it though
    Don't be, game only has arrived!!
    Phoned them, they say it was a mistake and are sending out e mails now. I'll be sending mine back

Comment

Software only yeah - piffle.

What's the contact address for them?

EDIT: found - it's on their contact us bit.
      Last edited by Mr Ono; 23-10-2010, 09:00.

Comment

Ouch. I never ordered one myself but had been keenly watching this thread after the Left 4 Dead 2 mess up last year. I have stuck to my guns after said carry on, and have not ordered anything from their "Direct" division since, despite there being some tempting deals.

I honestly beleive they should be giving you all a gesture of goodwill, as that is a huge mess up on their part and it's just crappy overall.

Comment

Cancelled my order a couple of weeks ago, I knew they wouldn't honour it as soon as they changed the web page. Mistakes happen but they've obviously tried to cover it up. I shan't be using them again, I'd rather give my money to GAME than add to Tesco's billions.

Comment

I sent them an e-mail enquiring about this a few weeks back, they said they "don't sell hardware" and I "should of had an e-mail informing me to cancel if I didn't want software only" although clearly the did sell DJ Hero 1 with the Decks so why is this one different, either way I cancelled as I didn't want the hassle of sending it back etc

Very poor on thier behalf to just send out game only copies without e-mailing buyers informing them of thier mistake and offering to cancel etc

Comment

Once again, that's really crappy of them :/
              They should really be more diligent with the pricing on their site, and possibly even employ somebody to make sure this thing doesn't (constantly) happen if they don't plan to honour any mistakes.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they sent the game out hoping no one would be bothered to send them back. Mine was back down the post office within 20mins.
                I won't be using them again. I've still not had any e mail off them to say there wad any sort of error, very shoddy yet again from Tesco's

Comment

Quality I got the Wii Version game only......EH!?
                  Bloody delivery note says DJ Hero 2 Xbox 360 YET they have actually managed to ship me the wii version.....jesus wept.

Comment

Blah, not looking forwards to having to sort this out.

Comment

I stick by my guns and will NEVER order online from Tesco again. Will spread the bad word of mouth.

Comment

Does anyone know where you stand with trading standards on this one? My dispatch email said I was getting the part pack, and even the order itself online said I was getting the party pack. It was only once you click on the order you see it's just the game only. Surely that isn't right for them to suddenly change the order and not say?!

And the order said it was £33.74, but they actually charged me £39.70.
                        Last edited by Friction; 24-10-2010, 20:13.

Comment

I'm guessing you have an order confirmation email or something? That is essentially a receipt and a 'contract' of what you are going to pay

Comment

Originally posted by Friction View Post
                            Does anyone know where you stand with trading standards on this one? My dispatch email said I was getting the part pack, and even the order itself online said I was getting the party pack. It was only once you click on the order you see it's just the game only. Surely that isn't right for them to suddenly change the order and not say?!

And the order said it was ?33.74, but they actually charged me ?39.70.
                            Short answer is they've broken so many consumer laws there I don't know even where to start

The last one is the most worrying, given that they've actually taken more money off you than they should have. That's a straight up criminal offence.

It was one thing with the Left4Dead 2 debacle because they didn't send them out. They should have got in touch with people if there was an issue with the orders, not just send people out something they didn't order and and then charge people more on top.

Get on to your local trading standards tomorrow and tell them. Drive home the point that you feel it's misleading sales tactics (and throwing in the words fraud and deception will probably get their attention). In fact I'd urge everyone who's in a similar boat to do the same. If you don't you're only going to allow them to get away with it again and again.

I hate Tesco with a passion - they're always pulling this sort of **** in so many different aspects of what they do (oh I wish I could tell you all one particular story to do with a tin of food containing something nasty) and I wish someone would take them down a peg or two.

Comment

Thanks for the input chaps!

I found my original confirmation email (Dated 8/9/10) and it said:

DJ Hero 2 Party Pack (Double Deck) Game £39.70
                              Sub-total: £39.70 Discount: £5.96 Total: £33.74

So I'd obviously used a discount code when I ordered it.

The dispatch email read:

DJ Hero 2 Party Pack (Double Deck) GAME £33.74 Despatched

But then the delivery note read (like the order when I click on it on their store):

DJ Hero 2 Software Game £39.70

Even though the account shows the discount still applied - I need to check my banking to see what they charged me of course.

I know I took a punt on something that I never expected to get (let's be honest we all did) but I can't help but feel Tesco have pulled a dodgy one here for sure. Had they told me they messed up and cancelled the order that would have been fair enough. Now I've been charged more than I should have, for something I didn't even order - which I'd now need to send back (at cost to myself no less) and well that's a bit much isn't it.

Comment

Your invoice will show ?39 but they will have applied the discount and charged you ?33, there invoices don't show the discounts.

As for sending it back they will refund you postage but you have to ring them after they have received the item. I phoned them and had a right go at them until they credited my postage before I sent it back.

I knew this would never be honoured but yet again its the way they go about things that stinks, I'm sure plenty won't bother sending the game back which I feel that's why they sent them out knowing it was the wrong product to start with.

As for an e mail explaining it was a mistake, I still haven't received one!!

I'll be avoiding Tesco from now on

Comment

Working...
                                X