No announcement yet.

The Nintendo 3DS thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In store the games will probably go for their retail value of about 40 quid.

Crazy I know, but GAME especially like to jump on the new hardware bandwagon and charge a small fortune for everything while they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
      In store the games will probably go for their retail value of about 40 quid.

Crazy I know, but GAME especially like to jump on the new hardware bandwagon and charge a small fortune for everything while they can.
      The thing is the get away with it. GAME in Guildford is PACKED on weekends - constant queue of about 10 people the whole day through. That said that's probably because it's the only game shop here (bar HMV), as the Brighton ones (where I used to live) weren't usually so packed. Either way I feel sorry for the kids being ripped off.

Comment

You'll always get customers if you offer trade ins though.

Comment

£182 at Asda if you use code ASDA5. You get a free accessory pack too
          Last edited by charlesr; 20-03-2011, 08:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
            HMV's trade in deal:

-?110 for DSi XL Trade in (To be traded in when you buy 3DS)
            Free ?20 hmv gift card with 3DS Purchase

Rayman 3D/monkeyball/Asphalt for ?10 when you buy 3DS
            or
            Streetfighter/Nintendogs/Pilotwings for ?20 when you buy 3DS

certainly seems to be the most favourable instore deal at the moment if you're trading in.
            what are the chances of them allowing a game from both options? id pick up monkeyball too for a tenner extra.

Comment

I'm getting annoyed now. I have a pre order in with Play. Not sure whether to risk cancelling and go to Amazon. Or stick where I am. Which would most likely guarantee first delivery. I wish they would stick to a price and stop messing about.

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy View Post
                I'm getting annoyed now. I have a pre order in with Play. Not sure whether to risk cancelling and go to Amazon. Or stick where I am. Which would most likely guarantee first delivery. I wish they would stick to a price and stop messing about.
                I really wouldn't take a chance with amazon at this stage if you want one for release.

Amazon completely sold out of their launch allocation of 360s back in 05 and the 3DS has just broken the most preordered console record for the site.

Comment

Went to Gamestation today to pre order Samurai Warriors and they have reduced in store price to £208.99. They said loyalty card point value brings price down to under £200. I am happy at that and not faffing with price matching.
                  They also said all games bought with console will be £24.99 which is scorching deal as I have 5 games on pre order. I added Rayman to pre order with that deal and tempted to get Splinter Cell as well

Comment

Sounds too good, I hope Morissons will have something similar!

Comment

Are those prices and deals likely to be at GAME too?

Comment

Damn I really wish I changed my order from Game now as they are not doing anything decent at all.

Gonna take a trip to my local Tesco on the day on the off chance they have them in stock and cheap then off to Game for my extortionate pre-order.

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                          Are those prices and deals likely to be at GAME too?
                          It had better be... They do price match though don't they? I can easily check at my game store on the night (midnight launch)...since the gamestation is 2 doors down or something.

Comment

Game are the same company as Gamestation so they have to drop price too don't they? If they don't it's madness.

Comment

Originally posted by davek22 View Post
                              Game are the same company as Gamestation so they have to drop price too don't they? If they don't it's madness.
                              good cop / bad cop?

Comment

Originally posted by davek22 View Post
                                It's not in Game's best interests to operate the two chains identically. They do have two different brand images: Game is the known place to go for gaming, the place where a dad will take his children to pick a game or to get xmas presents from, first name most people will say when asked to name a gaming store.

Gamestation is the 'gamers' brand, trying to give off a more indie feel, sacrificing a bit of shelf space in order to sell a small amount of slightly niche items. Also do more custom bundles and unusual used items.

Thing the Game group wants would be for people to go "I don't need to look in Gamestation, it's the same as Game"

Comment

Working...
                                X