• Show
Clear All

Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim - ?22.49

From Gamestation - PS3 & XBox 360

Cheers dude.
    It would be rude not to at this price.
    Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Arg, getting the PC version for Christmas.

I really want to enjoy it though over my time off, and while my laptop certainly won't run it at max settings I'm a bit concerned it won't run it well enough at medium settings either.

It's a second gen i5 sandy bridge processor with 525m graphics chip and it'll play recent stuff like Deus EX and Arkham city reasonably well at mid/high (not max) (the benchmark on the latter really struggled with one section of glass shards flying everywhere however).

Problem is, Skyrim is a huge open world compared to those two games and has a lot more stuff to render. Anyone know of good benchmark or similar tool I can use to gauge my PC's effectiveness?
      Last edited by Daragon; 06-12-2011, 16:06.

Comment

I've just popped into my local Gamestation and although it's still stickered up as ?45, they said they would match the online price when I asked.

Comment

PC version is also ?19.99 on the site so nabbed that

Comment

Amazing price and VERY tempting. Yet another example why it's best to wait rather than buy day one.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
              Yet another example why it's best to wait rather than buy day one.
              Or even Sunday, like I did

Comment

On HUKD it appears that Game will be selling this for the same price tomorrow (Wed 7th, 1 day only) as part of their Advent Calendar promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Or even Sunday, like I did
                  Can't you return it?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Can't you return it?
                    I unwrapped the factory seal. Worst thing is I'm not planning on starting it until I finish Zelda and that'll be a good few weeks. Ah well, them's the breaks.

Comment

Buy it, then return the sealed copy when it rocks up, SIMPLES!

Comment

Originally posted by Holio View Post
                        Buy it, then return the sealed copy when it rocks up, SIMPLES!
                        I like the cut of your jib sir. Might just give that a go

Comment

Not until tomorrow in stores just been in one and they wouldn't give me it for that price till tomorrow

Comment

Same price on amazon now

Comment

Snapped up a copy from Amazon.

I logged onto the Game website this morning (06:30 ish), only to find that the HUKD mob had, like a plague of locust, laid waste to the 360 stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X