Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steam Holiday Sale (19th December - 1st January) *ended*

Rules of Steam sales.
    Don't buy until the last day unless it's a daily special.
    Individual indie games can be part of a larger bundle later in the sale.

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Day 1

Just Cause 2 - 3.49?
    Rift - 4.99?
    Singularity - 3.74?
    Pendulo Adventure pack - 9.99?
    Metro 2033 - 3.74?
    Bunch of Heroes - 2.24?
    Amnesia - 3.24?
    Portal 2 - 4.99?
    Sam and Max complete - 8.74?
    Fable 3 - 7.49?
    Orcs Must Die - 2.99?
    Max Payne bundle - 2.49? (1.49 each)

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ - find out if your rig can run that game.
    Tracking sites to mop up the cheap shizzle - http://www.steamprices.com/uk - http://didimatic.com/dd/en/onsale/steam/
    Last edited by Bort; 02-01-2012, 18:12.

The Great Gift Pile challenges gamers to complete up to six objectives each day. Completion of each objective grants the chance to win a free game or discount coupons for select games available on Steam. If you don’t win, no worries, you’ll be given a piece of coal. But hold onto that coal!

Why?

Coal is the ticket to enter the Epic Holiday Giveaway. It’s called Epic because the top prize is every game on Steam. The more coal you have, the better your chance of winning. Players may alternatively choose to magically mix their coal into something shiny and new by “crafting” seven pieces into a gift from the Great Gift Pile. So this year receiving coal is a good thing.
    After going to the gift pile page everyone should visit their inventory page. You should at least get a coupon, maybe a free game.
    Last edited by Bort; 19-12-2011, 18:05.

Comment

cheers. Server seems to be under a bit of strain at the mo

Comment

For crying out loud. How many more games must I buy!? Just Cause 2 demo on ps3 looked fun so I'll get that.

Comment

Fear the Steam Sales

Comment

Oh god, it's happening again!!

Comment

Pendulo Adventure pack for ?9.99 great deal right there and more.
              Remember golden rule of the Steam Sales if it's NOT in the daily deal wait until last day,.
              I hate steam sales, I still haven't got over last years sales
              First time in a LONG time I have seen the Steam servers being destroyed for about half hour now, still can't get on.

Comment

Survived day one with my wallet intact...

Comment

Thank God there's probably not that many more PC games I actually want right now thanks to previous steam sales.

I guess I could be persuaded to pick out the odd sims 3 expansion pack or two but the price would need to be near the ?5 mark! That's a damn good price for Portal 2 though, shame I recently bought it in their autumn sale for 2 quid more

Orcs Must Die, kept missing that in previous sales. Might as well bite for ?3. Rude not to.
                  Last edited by Daragon; 19-12-2011, 20:30.

Comment

Everything seems to have settled down now.

Few price corrections that have happened during the clusterf00k.
                    Portal 2 - 4.99?
                    Fable 3 - 7.49?

I got a coupon for 50% off any Valve published game (including the complete pack), but I own everything they've ever released... It's tradable through the inventory and I guess could be redeemed on a gift item.

Comment

Grrr, the competition thingamabob is still down

Edit: Crock of ****, got it working, signed up to it and the damn thing won't send me my first gift.
                      Last edited by Daragon; 19-12-2011, 21:50.

Comment

There's too many things that I want to buy, especially considering this is the first proper sale when I'll have a computer that can play the games that I buy, for the good of my wallet I think I'm going to try and keep it down to one purchase a day.
                        I'll start with Amnesia as I'm a sucker for horror games, things I'm looking out for are 75% off HL2:EP2, 75% off Worms and 50% or more off of Fallout 3 GOTY.

Comment

I got the Warner pack. Arkham CIty and Bastion being a couple of highlights in it.

Comment

Too much game. It's ridiculous - I think I still have a game or two from last years sale that I haven't even played, but they price them so cheap that it's still worth buying more. Madness!

EDIT- caved already and bought Portal2 as I missed it when it first came out. Also have a list about 10 games long, most of which I'll end up getting. Grrrr...so weak!
                            Last edited by charlaph; 20-12-2011, 10:07. Reason: weakness

Comment

Strongly agree, though every time the steam sale comes around i have to buy at least one game to not play, this time i went for Amnesia as I dug one of the Penumbra games.

Comment

Working...
                              X