X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark souls limited edition 360

Hello

I just snagged dark souls limited edition for Xbox 360 for 23 quid

Not entirely sure how much of a bargain this is but it's 44 on amazon, so I thought I'd share.

Is the PS3 or 360 version of this better?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
      Is the PS3 or 360 version of this better?

From digital foundary
      n the final conclusion, image quality on both platforms is ostensibly identical, while performance is an apples and pears situation. Neither the 360 or PS3 version can definitively claim to have an absolute edge here, with Sony's machine taking volumetric effects in its stride, and Microsoft's handling destructible elements more convincingly. These are minor quibbles compared to the performance hit both consoles take in the face of particle effects and multiple enemies, however.
      For the deciding vote, it's close enough for us to recommend either controller preference or the PS3 version's larger range of supported audio formats as more crucial points for consideration. It's clear From Software accepted no compromises when it set out to deliver the dark, fantastical world of Lordran, and to that end, an extreme price is paid in terms of playability at points. However, it's ultimately the same story whichever version you end up buying. In the run-up to its release much has been made of the game's promised difficulty, but it's ironic that Dark Souls is just as unforgiving towards your hardware as it is to you.

Comment

Cheers matey. Picked up the PS3 version. Have Demon Souls on that too so guess it will be my choice for rock hard games I never play.

Comment

People who have put hundreds of hours into the game on both platforms reckon the PS3 version is superior in terms of frame-rate and online population (if Jolly Co-Op and PvP are your thing).

Comment

Limited edition is ?25 in store at blockbuster, new on both consoles.

Comment

Working...
            X