No announcement yet.

Psp go ?49.99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A proper PSP is better than a Go, but the Go has a nice form factor and ?50 is a bargain. Nice find.

Comment

I MUCH prefer my Go to my 1000, horses for courses I suppose!! Much more lightweight and doesn't give me crab hands after 10 mins haha

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
        I MUCH prefer my Go to my 1000, horses for courses I suppose!! Much more lightweight and doesn't give me crab hands after 10 mins haha
        if you dont already have a PSP then the go is a bargain!

Comment

I just sold my Slim and this pops up?

My expression is 100% the same as Zoidberg up there

Must. Resist. Will. Not. Use.

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
          Having never owned a PSP now is probably a good time to get one cheap. However I don't think I'd pay even a tenner for a PSP that only plays overpriced download games.
          Mods, I'd like to request a temporary ban for moony on account of SHEER AUDACITY/living under a rock

Last edited by randombs; 13-01-2012, 08:39.

Comment

Can you play pirate ripped PSP games on the Go!?

Comment

Yes, but don't! I ripped all my existing PSP games to ISOs and works great

Comment

Aren't PSPs sub-standard for emulation? I remember not being too impressed after Boris went through all the trouble of modding mine. Frameskips, audio jutters, force closes, and it felt like the thing was going to melt. That was 5 years since like.

Comment

Depends what you play on it. I only used it for CPS1, 2 and MD emulation and all three were nigh-on perfect. I know perfect means different things to different people but for me, oldie consoles/arcade games must be 60fps and not a frame under and then I'd class them as 'playable'. I also had a go on the Neo Geo one and that was fine. Emus got a kick once 333MHz was unlocked and, in the case of CPS2, arcade and Neo Geo, the addition of extra RAM in the slim model. Only issue for me was the dpad/buttons but they got better with later models. I haven't used the Go except the main menu and I didn't get on with the dpad and buttons...

Comment

I have both a psp go and a psp 3000

The d-pad and buttons are very small and alittle uncomfortable on the go (although you can sync up ps3 dualshock, but the battery life drains very quickly)

both are maxed out with goodies, but the go gets very little useage. Personally, i'd go for a psp 3000 (the bigger screen does make a difference)

One advantage of the go is that i didnt see the nasty interlacing effect ----- for ?50, i suppose its hard to 'go' wrong....
                    Last edited by dvdx2; 13-01-2012, 15:11.

Comment

I am still interested in picking one up, so hopefully these guys managed to find one

Comment

It's definitely worth ?50 for Picodrive alone, considering that people happily pay ?40 or so for that Blaze handheld with the SD card slot. Playing MD/MCD games on the go is a joy, and I love the shallower d-pad and buttons.

Prepare to be disappointed if you're after accurate SNES emulation, but as a portable Mega Drive/PS1/MAME machine it can't be beaten.

Comment

I'm quite happy with my snes emulation! Guess im easily pleased!

Comment

The Snes emulation just requires a very specific version of the emulator. Snes9x TYL 0.4.2mecm specifically works best on my PSP-3000, other revisions of the emulator (even newer ones) don't perform half as well. Something tro do with different versions using a different engine. Most games run either full speed or with an acceptable amount of frameskip. There are some problem titles though - F-Zero seems to run at exactly half framerate for some reason, and obviously anything that uses special chips will perform worse (better playing the GBA version of Yoshi's Island on the gpSP-J 110507 GBA emulator).

Picodrive is just fantasic though - full speed MegaCD emulation!

Comment

Just picked one of these up today - what's the best place to find out how to get the best from it? Afterdawn?

Comment

If anyone would be able to pick me up a black one of these, I'd be most grateful

Comment

Working...
                                X