PS Vita Best Price Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    Virtua Tennis, Formula 1, FIFA and Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 are all ?25 when bought with the console.

ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's not that great, or please explain to me if I'm wrong. The play.com Wifi Vita, 8GB, Uncharted and pre-order pack is ?243 and you can get UMVC from Zavvi for just under ?30, both retailers give cashback via Quidco.

I could see it being a decent saving if you buy all the games for ?25 and/or the Gamestation bundle is the 3G version? If it's the wifi version I just don't see it unless I'm being blind

Oh and no Vodafone 20% discount as it can't be discounted

Comment

Originally posted by Party boy View Post
      Apparently Gamestation have two bundle offers (for the more sensible wifi version at least), Vita + Uncharted for ?260, and Vita + Uncharted + 8GB memory card + ?10 PSN voucher for ?300. Plus there's 6 games you can buy at the same time for ?25 - Fifa, UMVC 3, Rayman... and I think the other 3 were Lumines, VT4 and either MNR or Wipeout.

So I suspect that last Game offer is wrong and it's ?350 without Fifa.
      LOL, they know what play, amazon (and all the rest of them) offers are and this is the best they can come up with?????? Stop ****ing whining that you're falling on hard times with prices like this. Jesus H Christ!

Comment

Even one of the indies I go to is doing the Wifi vita, 4gb card, starter pack, pre order pack and FIFA for ?240 so I don't know whats up with that deal is pretty poor, I do have my lumines ordered at a GS and they are only getting in pre order only stock there (this is a place where there are no other game stores except a blockbuster it's madness)
        Last edited by ETC; 20-02-2012, 21:39. Reason: Indies not undies heh heh

Comment

There's going to be no Ubi Soft games at launch. So no Rayman, Lumines, Asphalt, Dungeon Hunter & Michael Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            There's going to be no Ubi Soft games at launch. So no Rayman, Lumines, Asphalt, Dungeon Hunter & Michael Jackson.
            Is that in both game and GS Chris as the only reason I didn't get lumines earlier was me GS preorder

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-Niceguy2001 View Post
              It's not that great, or please explain to me if I'm wrong. The play.com Wifi Vita, 8GB, Uncharted and pre-order pack is ?243 and you can get UMVC from Zavvi for just under ?30, both retailers give cashback via Quidco.

I could see it being a decent saving if you buy all the games for ?25 and/or the Gamestation bundle is the 3G version? If it's the wifi version I just don't see it unless I'm being blind

Oh and no Vodafone 20% discount as it can't be discounted
              The GAME deals aren't sounding too great, but I've got ?160 on a gift card so I've not really got much choice of where to buy mine from unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                LOL, they know what play, amazon (and all the rest of them) offers are and this is the best they can come up with?????? Stop ****ing whining that you're falling on hard times with prices like this. Jesus H Christ!
                In fairness, their prices might not be very good, but eir trade in prices are very competitive, they're offering ?130 for a 3DS if you trade it towards a Vita - which is roughly what a new one costs online, and they're offering 25% extra on 3DS, DS and PSP games if you trade them towads a Vita. So you can't expect them to offer that as well as competitive Vita prices.

The bundles on the website are a bit better, but you can't trade stuff in that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Party boy View Post
                  In fairness, their prices might not be very good, but eir trade in prices are very competitive, they're offering ?130 for a 3DS if you trade it towards a Vita - which is roughly what a new one costs online, and they're offering 25% extra on 3DS, DS and PSP games if you trade them towads a Vita. So you can't expect them to offer that as well as competitive Vita prices.

The bundles on the website are a bit better, but you can't trade stuff in that way.
                  They should have focused on decent bundle offers. The "good" offer on 3DS trade in would probably only appeal to a small minority. And even to those,it's still ?99 ontop of the 3DS and that's for a solus console. You'd still need to spend ?25 on a game and another ?30 on a decent sized memory card.

Someone needs to buy out GAME group and put a stop to their ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Catmoo View Post
                    The GAME deals aren't sounding too great, but I've got ?160 on a gift card so I've not really got much choice of where to buy mine from unfortunately
                    Why not use that gift card against the games on other consoles or PS Vita accessories like the memory cards or PSN credit?
                    I'm expecting them to sell all the big-name titles like Fifa, etc... for ?40 each in store, maybe even ?45 for Uncharted!

Unless you didn't have the money to stump up, I'd consider buying a bundle online and making that gift card work much better for you on other things.

Comment

Having just spoke to my mate who is getting a vita from Gamestation he traded in his 3ds, zelda, Mario kart 7, 3d land and starfox and got ?237 px value so I guess if you have trade to put in the deals are not too bad

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-Niceguy2001 View Post
                        Why not use that gift card against the games on other consoles or PS Vita accessories like the memory cards or PSN credit?
                        I'm expecting them to sell all the big-name titles like Fifa, etc... for ?40 each in store, maybe even ?45 for Uncharted!

Unless you didn't have the money to stump up, I'd consider buying a bundle online and making that gift card work much better for you on other things.
                        Oh I forgot to mention my partner works in game so I can have his discount, not that it's as good as it used to be. But if the bundles aren't that great I'll just go for discount instead.

In terms of using the gift card on more useful things, most games that are coming out that I'm wanting I already have pre-ordered on websites at cheapish prices as I hardly buy anything in store these days. And with the vita being the only console I don't have atm there's no reason to use my gift card on anything else. Although I will use it against a memory card, and I've got a nice sum of money in my psn wallet from buying a couple of psn cards when they were on offer on a website a year or so ago...not that you really needed to know any of that info, but I thought I'd mention it

I was really hoping for good bundles from game though as they can work out better than discount most times, but then their bundles haven't really been that good for years.

I do prefer to buy my consoles in store though as then I can make sure the box doesn't get hurt at all in the post & I make sure I get it on launch too

Comment

Ok all, this is for anyone else besides myself confused between the wifi and 3G models and basically how I've narrowed my options down:

• Wifi vs 3G is ?50 difference.
                          • Wipeout 2048, one of the better launch games, is roughly ?30 online (best selling game on play.com in the Vita charts) or ?5 top-up and downloadable and I'm sure every 3G Vita comes with the sim, so if you were to buy Wipeout for your Wifi model, that would be ?25 difference between hardware skus albeit able to trade/resell Wipeout.
                          • 3G isn't locked, so I won't be tethering when I travel just to pay roaming charges, and of course Wifi is still an option.
                          • 3G has Near and GPS functionality - I couldn't care less, the web browser is poor, but you never know in the future if a developer will make a game that could utilise the features for a different experience.

So with that in mind, I've looked at the bundles that interest me:
                          • Play.com 3G Vita - 8GB card - pre order pack - Virtua Tennis/Rayman = ?278 with 1% quidco as it's a console
                          • Play.com 3G Vita - 8GB card - pre order pack - Uncharted = ?293 with 1% quidco as it's a console
                          • Zavvi sell Uncharted and Virtua Tennis for ?35 and ?30 with 3% quidco (Virtua for ?25 via simplygames)

That would be ?15 difference between the play.com bundles and only ?5 difference between the Zavvi prices (?10 with simplygames) so if you're after both games, go for the Virtua Tennis bundle, bigger saving and get more cashback with Zavvi.

Or:

• Gamestop - 3G Vita - Uncharted - 16GB card = ?320 with 5% quidco = ?304

I plan on importing a 32Gb card regardless of the above bundled cards, so I'd sell them off (?30-?35 for the 16GB) so ?269 for a 3G vita and Uncharted.

Only thing I'm contemplating is whether my Amazon order for Rayman and the other Ubisoft games at ?6 ship tomorrow as I'd prefer that over Virtua tennis but wanting to preorder now so the console can be shipped via courier for wednesday and these are pre-order bundles and I'm sure they will change this time tomorrow.

And if I really want Virtua tennis anyway (I'd trade/sell it I think) but at least I'd have the pre-order bundle and a 8GB card (to also sell).

So there you have it, the thinkings of someone with too much time on their hands (not enough really). The winner has to be:

Play.com 3G Vita - 8GB card - pre order pack - Virtua Tennis/Rayman = ?278 with 1% quidco as it's a console

Anyone else interested in the games I've mentioned, this way just works out to be cheaper and ?25 difference between the hardware skus (Wipeout in mind) is a lot easier to justify.

Maybe I'm kididng myself

Oh and games I'll be buying seperately will be from Zavvi since I have a 10% off code to use, hopefully works with quidco too!
                          Last edited by Mr-Niceguy2001; 20-02-2012, 23:38.

Comment

If you're set on the 3G model that's not a bad deal however that ?25 difference reasoning between SKU's vanishes quickly when you factor in some of the wi-fi model bundle deals which include free games, memory cards etc. Ultimately it's whether you feel comfortable paying around ?50 more for GPS functionality which will never be used for anything meaningful in game due to the smaller percentage of userbase owning it. I can completely understand the desire to own the 'top end' model though regardless of worth. It's like all the peeps who trade in their 360 everytime a new SKU with a bigger harddrive arrives even though every game is designed based on the original Core model

Comment

Just got Vita from GAME.

I got the 3G, Uncharted and Fifa pack. Traded in Fifa right away, they gave me ?30 for it!!

Comment

Just posted in the main bargains forum for a top trade in PS Vita deal

Comment

Working...
                                X