No announcement yet.

Loads of cheap pre owned games on Game and Gamestation's websites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are right to be suspicious of the quality of preowned games from GAME/Gamestation.
    Gears of War 2 arrived from Gamestation today. The disc is scratched up to the point where I'm not sure if it'll play, there's no instruction booklet or insert of any kind, and the box books like somebody's wiped their arse on it.
    At least it only cost me ?1.99 and I've played the game before

Comment

It's a lottery what condition your going to get. A couple of my games were scrappy, yet my Blazblue Continuum Shift looks brand new. I suspect it was maybe a new copy sold as pre owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Damien View Post
        People are right to be suspicious of the quality of preowned games from GAME/Gamestation.
        Gears of War 2 arrived from Gamestation today. The disc is scratched up to the point where I'm not sure if it'll play, there's no instruction booklet or insert of any kind, and the box books like somebody's wiped their arse on it.
        At least it only cost me ?1.99 and I've played the game before
        The thing to do is to borrow a mint copy from and friend and install it to your hardrive. Then use your beat up preowned disc to validate the install every time you play. Simple!

Comment

That's what I had to do with RDR ^^;

Comment

Got KOF XIII, Resistance 2 and Infamous 2 today for PS3 for ?15, they all look brand new as well.

Been looking for a cheap copy of Resistance 2 as i got the 3rd one in a bundle ages ago and didn't want to play it until i'd played the 2nd. I really enjoyed Infamous so wanted to try out 2 and i'm just curious about KOF, everyone says it's excellent.
            Last edited by Jamie; 14-03-2012, 16:58.

Comment

Went slightly further afield to my nearest GAME and picked up Ace Attorney Investigations for ?7.98, and Bullet Witch for ?2.98.

Been wanting the Edgeworth game for time, and am well chuffed with that price. The latter's not really a bargain. Natch. But JazzFunk mentioned it in an earlier post about Ninja Blade, which is so far, completely amazing, so...yeah...instabuy.

Comment

I had a look in game and gamestation in wood green. Game had absolutely nothing of interest, gamestation was a bit better though. I picked up lost planet 2, gundam, metroid prime 3, x-files ps1 and 5 megadrive games for ?11.

I won't miss that branch of game as the manager is an aggressive and pushy dickhead but the gamestation staff are all decent and friendly despite everything being stupidly overpriced.

Comment

The Game in Stafford is pretty depressing. Still has signs up for pre-orders which are optimistic at best. Looks like a shop on its last legs.

Comment

Went in to my local one to get rid of my last gift card, picked up a
                    ?40 psn credit and 3 really bad games for the hell of it for ?7.94

Comment

I went to my local and the one on oxford street... I have ?30 and dunno what to spend it on. I don't mind if it's to just sell on or whatever but there really seems to be nothing. I already got ?40 for psn using all my reward points and don't really want anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                        I went to my local and the one on oxford street... I have ?30 and dunno what to spend it on. I don't mind if it's to just sell on or whatever but there really seems to be nothing. I already got ?40 for psn using all my reward points and don't really want anymore...
                        Why don't you get something you can trade in to hmv for a comparable value ie UFC is ?33 in game (?35 trade in hmv), Skyrim etc etc

Comment

Stranglehold 360 98p
                          Bulletstorm Epic Edition 360 ?2.98
                          Advance Wars: Dark Conflict DS 98p

All arrived from Game.co.uk today, all were in perfect condition discs, manuals and boxes

Comment

Managed a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii for ?17.98 this evening

Might be a bit much so debating whether or not to return it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                              Managed a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii for ?17.98 this evening

Might be a bit much so debating whether or not to return it.
                              You can get this new in an Asda for ?15 (if you can find one that has it in)

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                                Why don't you get something you can trade in to hmv for a comparable value ie UFC is ?33 in game (?35 trade in hmv), Skyrim etc etc
                                Thanks for that. Each time I go in I forget to scan and check the trade in prices >_<

Comment

Working...
                                X