Nintendo 3DS XL - Price Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo 3DS XL - Price Thread

Only a handful of the big retailers haven't listed what they plan to sell the 3DS XL at so figured we can start one of these threads like the old Vita one to track where the cheapest option lies.

Zavvi/The Hut - ?167.95
    Discover the next generation of gaming with Zavvi UK's wide range of games consoles and controllers (for PlayStation, Xbox, and more). We have all the latest hardware and bundles — available with next-day delivery!

Shopto - ?179.86

Amazon, HMV, GAME, Play and Tesco have all gone for ?179.99 which seems to be the core price being used.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 26-06-2012, 14:27.

summersaver code no longer works bud

Comment

Not surprised, they'd have been broke in 2 minutes

Comment

Game in-store looks to be going at ?199.99 with a ?20 deposit which then comes off the console at launch.

3DS will trade-in for ?105 towards the new console but you'll need to buy a charger separately. D'oh!!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          Game in-store looks to be going at ?199.99 with a ?20 deposit which then comes off the console at launch.

3DS will trade-in for ?105 towards the new console but you'll need to buy a charger separately. D'oh!!
          Cheers Chris good to know so I can make some scabby retailer price match that decent trade in value to the MetroCentre I go on release day

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
            Cheers Chris good to know so I can make some scabby retailer price match that decent trade in value to the MetroCentre I go on release day
            Or you could just buy it from Game themselves and help keep me employed!!

Comment

Or you could just buy it from Game themselves and help keep me employed!!
              If its close (like within ?20-30) I will... Seeing as its you

Comment

An uncharacteristically good trade in offer from game for once.

Any idea if this is going to be a nationwide thing? Was just about to get to shot of my original for ?60 from cex.

Comment

Anyone who uses the Hut will know they send you a 10% off voucher if you don't order anything for a couple of weeks. They just reduced the XL to ?167 so I pre ordered it with my voucher for ?151. Even better than the short lived zavvi and tesco offers

Comment

Seems like GAME won't allow you to do a system transfer. Sounds like the trade in would be a bad idea, I really don't want to lose my e-shop stuff and Mii data

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                      Seems like GAME won't allow you to do a system transfer. Sounds like the trade in would be a bad idea, I really don't want to lose my e-shop stuff and Mii data
                      Really?? Surely that's madness on their behalf.

Comment

It might just be the incredibly unhelpful, bored sounding member of staff I spoke to in the branch I was in, but he said it wouldn't be possible.

Any info on that from yourself, Teddy?

Comment

I'm going to see what HMV offer and see if they'll allow a system transfer. If their price is lower they do price match

Comment

Originally posted by Womble9 View Post
                            Really?? Surely that's madness on their behalf.
                            Yeah sadly that is the case, I've just got back from game and they told me you couldn't do it because you need both machines to be on and running at the same time to do the transfer which means you need to buy the XL first, once you've traded in your 3DS you can't use it. And I imagine that will be the case with all of the other retailers as well.

It's a really ****ty situation for people who want to upgrade but that's Nintendo's fault for not having an account based system in the first place. What I'm going to probably do is buy the XL online for a cheaper price and then trade in the original for some games I'm after.

Comment

If you need network access it won't be possible if the store doesn't have wi-fi.

Only other way is if there's a promotion to buy the system, go home, do the transfer and then.take tour old 3DS back into store and get the cash for the trade price. Maybe, I've asked at work what the plan is. Will report back.

Comment

Working...
                              X