Clear All

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
    I thought that too - then I saw this:

'Box Contains

1 x Wii Party U Basic Pack
    1 x New Super Mario Bros. U
    1 x Mario Kart 8'

Might just pull the trigger and risk it
    The box does not contain either game really so it is just an inaccurate description. Also the description has moved towards supporting Mario 3d world being the game you get. The receipt and confirmation order says Mario 3d world, the link to the item says Mario 3d world and the images in the bundle are Mario 3d world. Just print screen it all and get it ordered! This is what we have been waiting for!! Grab a Black Friday pro controller, Zombie U and maybe a cheeky bayo 2 bargain?

Comment

Yeah I'll pull the trigger on it then I did go for the Shopto ?150 bundle, with a tenner off code, but the bloody code doesn't work with most PP accounts. D'oh.
      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

May be a slightly daft question, but does the WiiU take SD Cards like some other Nintendo machines?

Comment

Yes, used one to install HBC on the Wii Menu and haven't touched it since.
          Last edited by speedlolita; 28-11-2014, 16:57.

Comment

Went for the ?199 set. Seemed pretty decent as it has the two marios I want to play at the mo
            3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
              Went for the ?199 set. Seemed pretty decent as it has the two marios I want to play at the mo
              Where's this?

Also, the Mario Kart 8 pack has gone up to 300 on Amazon.

Comment

Found that 199 set on ShopTo and it's very tempting. I'm just concerned that I'll regret it in light of it not being the premium console.

Am I right in thinking the differences are that the premium...

Comes with a Wii sensor bar
                Has a tablet charger dock
                Has larger storage
                Is black

And that's it?

How do non-premium users charge their gamepad?

Comment

It comes with an AC charger. You just don't get a stand for it.

Comment

Does it definitely not come with the dock? My Japanese basic one definitely came with a dock...

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      Where's this?

Also, the Mario Kart 8 pack has gone up to 300 on Amazon.
                      I can't believe two years in Nintendo haven't got the price of this down to more impulse purchase levels, ?199 is kind of getting there but if they could hit the magic ?150 with a game I think a lot more would get one as a complimentary console to the one or ps4. the wii at it's Launch was only ?179 after all and that flew off the shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                        I can't believe two years in Nintendo haven't got the price of this down to more impulse purchase levels, ?199 is kind of getting there but if they could hit the magic ?150 with a game I think a lot more would get one as a complimentary console to the one or ps4. the wii at it's Launch was only ?179 after all and that flew off the shelves.
                        ?150 for a Wii U with a game? I really don't see that happening. It's not like Nintendo are making money on the Wii U's that they're selling at present. They're probably not even breaking even...

Comment

Basic model was ?150 at GAME before going out of stock the other week. Nintendoland can be picked up for about ?6 new or even New Mario U for around ?12 I think so it's not far off Lebowski.

Comment

I bought my Wii U last week from Shopto on eBay for ?160 with wii party u, super mario bros u & nintendo land along with wiimote and sensor bar. Sold wii party u straight away for ?10 so there are good deals for ?150ish.

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                            ?150 for a Wii U with a game? I really don't see that happening. It's not like Nintendo are making money on the Wii U's that they're selling at present. They're probably not even breaking even...

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
                              I bought my Wii U last week from Shopto on eBay for ?160 with wii party u, super mario bros u & nintendo land along with wiimote and sensor bar. Sold wii party u straight away for ?10 so there are good deals for ?150ish.
                              This should be the norm though, ?150 for a black WiiU on its own and i would pick another one one up again tomorrow, the issue is its still selling pretty much at its launch price two years down the line, surely Nintendo must be getting the components cheaper now or at least worked out a way to revise the design?

Comment

This seems the stand-out offer to me:

Wii U Basic Console + Wii Party U + Nintendoland + New Super Mario Bros U WII U

Key thing is that console comes with a Wii Remote Plus and a Sensor Bar, so the only thing you'd lose out on (compared to the premium machine) is charge dock for the gamepad and the internal storage, and as I seem to be hearing on here, 32gb is still too small to get much use out of (necessitating storage) and I imagine you can buy the charge dock on its own.

Anyone see any pitfalls here? I don't personally get why they've offered premium and normal versions; they should've just went with a single verion.

Comment

Working...
                                X