Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HMV - 70% OFF preowned games. Run Forrest Run...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMV - 70% OFF preowned games. Run Forrest Run...

HMV has reportedly dropped the price of all its pre-owned games by 70 per cent.

A tip sent to Frugal Gaming last week suggested that the company was planning to bow out of the used games market and was set to heavily discount all its pre-owned stock as a result.

According to various Twitter users, the sale has kicked off, with a uniform discount of 70 per cent applied to all pre-owned games in every HMV UK shop. The deal applies to games on all systems, including Xbox One and PS4.
    One tweet from Twitter user @L1keMike included the image above, showing a number of Xbox One games discounted by 70 per cent, including Call Of Duty Ghosts priced at ?13.50 and FIFA 14 for ?12.
    It is expected the sale will continue until HMV's pre-owned stock is entirely exhausted, at which point the company will cease selling used games.

I got told this was happening today when I picked up my couple of bargains on Saturday so there could be some real nice titles in there.

I'll be in mine tomorrow so if anyone hears of anything then let me know & I'll see what I can grab for you

Neil

Comment

Never seen a used PS4 or XB One game in the two HMV's near me.
      Their used stock seems to mainly be DS/3DS games at prices nobody would ever buy at.

Comment

My hmv has pre owned ps4 and Xbox one pre owned but they are not stickerd. Is this a hmv directive or store dependant, wonder if worth asking?

Comment

Yep get them to scan them for sure. Got nothing to lose. Is a nationwide thing by sounds of it, staff are probably a bit slow stickering them up.

Stock levels will be hit and miss by store (and the staff looking to sell on ebay etc)

70% off in Exeter, though not much left now. It wasn't priced up as 70% off but I took some Xbox One games to the till and they worked out about ?11-?15 each (Assassin's Creed IV, Ghosts, Ryse and Dead Rising 3).
          From the the thread over on HotUKDeals
          Last edited by VR46; 10-03-2014, 12:50.

Comment

It should be across the UK as they are going to stop doing preowned stuff.

Comment

Wow what a result just picked up Dead Rising 3, Ryse, FIFA 14, NFS Rivals, Tomb Raider and COD Ghosts all on Xbox One all about ?12 each incredible. If not stickerd just ask for them to be scanned. Staff looked very shocked lol.
              Last edited by gambit6613; 10-03-2014, 13:20.

Comment

I don't have one near me but if anyone could pick up a spare Xbox One Tomb Raider I'd really appreciate it!

Comment

My local store had sweet FA.

Hardly surprising as their game section has always been a shocker!!

Comment

Same for me if anyone could please grab me BF4 and AC: Black Flag on PS4 for around those prices you would be bloody legends! Cheers.

Comment

Does seam very hit and miss, I have been all over Hampshire today and only Winchester had the really good stuff, just got very lucky in that nothing was marked up with any obvious discount. I took a punt taking Dead Rising 3 up to the till and it registered the discount then I filled my boots with what they had.

If anyone is local to Winchester then it may be worth checking it out this afternoon.

Comment

Check out the Birmingham Bull Ring branch looking for Vita stuff...

They Had nothing of note. No next gen.
                        Quite a few Wii U games tho.

Comment

Managed to get Dragon's Crown on PS3 for ?11 in the Selfridges branch last night. It was brand new but still had a yellow sticker on it.

Also got Mr Driller: Drill Spirits in the other Oxford St branch for 80p, randomly. Also brand new (meaning they've had it for about a decade).

Everything else had been absolutely rinsed in both stores. Just reams of DS shovelware and nothing else.

Comment

I'm going to go through to my nearest tonight, though I half expect it to be cleaned out by now, by have-a-go eBay traders.

Comment

I think the only reason Dragon's Crown was still there is because it wasn't in the preowned section, and no one outside of core gamers has ever heard of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X