• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steam Summer Sale

Far Cry Deluxe @ 4.99

X-Com @ 3.74

These worth picking up?

Far Cry 3 is a brilliant game, and the DLC with the Deluxe edition is a nice addition. A definite recommendation.
    X-Com is too slow for me, though - I played it on PS3 and couldn't get into it.

Comment

Just noticed the classic Unreal Tournament GOTY (the 1999 game) is ?2.

Does anyone know if that still works, online, the way it used to - but on modern PCs? So many of these old FPS games have no servers anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
        Far Cry 3 is a brilliant game, and the DLC with the Deluxe edition is a nice addition. A definite recommendation.
        X-Com is too slow for me, though - I played it on PS3 and couldn't get into it.
        Far Cry 3 purchased! Thanks mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Just noticed the classic Unreal Tournament GOTY (the 1999 game) is ?2.

Does anyone know if that still works, online, the way it used to - but on modern PCs? So many of these old FPS games have no servers anymore.
          UT is like CS1.6. It will always have servers.

I'm quite tempted to pick up the two Witcher titles (both under ?3 each) and Far Cry 3. Irk!

Comment

Btw, just done this myself, if you vote 3 times on the poll (which games go on sale next) you get a card item. Sold mine for ?1.50 in a matter of seconds. Gonna do this over the sale period and get me some free games lol!

Comment

i have only really started using steam what are these cards and badges thing and why would people buy them ? ( i have a few i wondered what they were for)

Comment

Pointless crap and no one knows why people want them but they do

Comment

That's how I see it too.

The kind of people that care about TF2 hats might enjoy it though.

Kit?

Comment

well if people will buy then i will put them up for sale

Comment

Valve take a cut of every sale, the cheeky smart handsome gits Actually surprised EA haven't copied them as it's more something they would do isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                        i have only really started using steam what are these cards and badges thing and why would people buy them ? ( i have a few i wondered what they were for)
                        Once you get so many cards you can turn them into a badge which adds points for your team. Purchases also add points for your team.

If your team wins 30 people from that team get 3 games on their wishlist for free.

Comment

How do i tell which team im on?

Comment

I hate these Steam sales I've got so many bl**dy games that I'll never get around to playing them.

However, Splinter Cell Blacklist with all dlc under 9 quid, purchase confirmed

Comment

Been on a spree for me so far, so far i have purchased:

Far cry 3
                              Batman arkham city
                              Brothers a tale of two
                              Dishonored
                              Kingdoms of amalur
                              Saint rows 4
                              Sleeping dogs
                              Tomb raider and ...

You need a budget.

Think the last purchase is me purchasing on an unconcious level... Just voted for la noir, looking forward to that if it gets voted =D

Comment

Working...
                              X