Power Supply for a Jap Gamecube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Supply for a Jap Gamecube

Hi, my friend at work owns a Panasonic Gamecube and says he's looking for a power supply for it.

I'm sorry but i have no knowledge of whether you can use a standard Gamecube adaptor or not? So if anyone has one that will work or knows where i can get him one please let me know.

Many thanks.

The Panasonic Q? That has an internal PSU, takes 110v in.

The GameCube PSU is a different thing completely, he needs some spare parts for the Q probably.

Unless he just needs a 240/110v stepdown? Or blew an internal fuse plugging in 240v directly?

Comment

If he has plugged it into the UK mains, then if he is lucky he has just blown the fuse on the power supply board. IIRC it is a standard 2amp fuse and easy to replace (i.e. no soldering) and then he will need a stepdown.

Comment

I know he has definately blown the fuse as someone from the maintenance dept looked at it and replaced it, nothing else was damaged as far as i am aware.

So he just needs to get a stepdown convertor for it then?

Thanks for the responses guys, any advice on the best place to get one would be grateful but i'm sure i can do a bit of digging.

Comment

£7 on ebay - its where I got mine!

Comment

Thanks guys, somebody on here has kindly contacted me and ofered to send at postage cost, so hoping that he hasn't caused any further damage then i should be all set.

Thanks for the advice
            Dale.

Comment

Working...
            X