Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone to mod a GC component cable intop VGA cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone to mod a GC component cable intop VGA cable?

Hi

I have a 24inch Sony fw900 CRT which i have connected via 5 BNC's, i have the VGA socket spare and wondered if anyone was skilled enough to convert a GameCube Component cable into a VGA cable, i believe this is possible with machines that have the digital out - I have a uk machine and a a few US progressive scan games that i would like to complete on my crt via the VGA cable mod.

Not looking to pay silly money as the cable it self was OTT.

Let me know if your interested and skilled enough to carry this out

Thank you

Kamz

Just as a heads up, you're aware that all non progressive video will not display yes?

You might be better off just buying a HD Box Pro in this case - which will also allow you to use other hardware on your FW900.

Comment

I currently have two spare GC VGA cables. Both will need the plugs resoldering as I think my kids swung on them when they were plugged in. They were made from the DVI cable.

I did start looking about getting them fixed through the forums a few months ago but have been stuck finishing the extension and decorating on my house.

Would you trade your component cable for one of these if I can get it fixed? As I only have a spare component input on my plasma right now.

LMK

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        Just as a heads up, you're aware that all non progressive video will not display yes?

You might be better off just buying a HD Box Pro in this case - which will also allow you to use other hardware on your FW900.
        Damn you're right i'll have issues with none progressive video - had a look into the Hd box pro and got it ordered along with a js tech RGb > component converter (for my RGB N64/US snes), thanks for the insight mate helped alot

Thefantasticmrh: sorry mate wont be needing the cable after all

Kamz

Comment

Working...
        X