Jap AES game wants........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jap AES game wants........

Looking the following, Japanese versions in excellent condition only please! Cash waiting for the right games.

Rage of the dragons
    Metal slug 3

Last edited by Colin; 09-04-2012, 14:09.

Can anyone helped me out on the 50Hz front?

Comment

If it's anything like my Trinitron, i had to make the adjustments in the service menu with the game console off, turn it on to check, then turn it off again to adjust it more. I had to do this a quite a few times to get it how i wanted it. For some reason there were some of the options in that menu that i couldn't edit with an RGB source attached and on, mainly things to do with changing the position and size of the screen.

Comment

No joy there, even with the console off, when I get in to the menu to adjust centres etc, I just can't move the set values.

Comment

Have you tried putting the TV onto another AV channel? I couldn't change the values when on an RGB channel, but when i tried the composite input on the TV i found that i could change the values, and the values i changed had also changed on the RGB channel.

Comment

No, still no luck. Someone posted on the net about this issue and the only way they could resolve it was with the 50Hz system.

Comment

RGB is RGB. It shouldn't make a difference whatever is connected to the TV. Only composite would let you adjust the settings if I remember correctly.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Would one of those Namco TV game things do me? I could get one delivered for less than it would cost me to pay postage both ways for a borrowed system.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  RGB is RGB. It shouldn't make a difference whatever is connected to the TV. Only composite would let you adjust the settings if I remember correctly.
                  You don't have the whole PAL and NTSC colour encoding differences to worry about with RGB, certainly, but you still have 50Hz and 60Hz. And it is not true that only composite will let you adjust. You just seem to need to have any 50Hz picture displayed. I had the same issue on a Trinitron TV, and it does indeed need to be displaying a 50Hz picture to make the settings even register as being changed. I just booted a PAL game on my JP PS1 and then I could change the settings. This was with an RGB SCART cable connected to the TV.

I think that it would also work if you could display a regular TV channel on it, or if that is not possible for you, do you not have any PAL games?

Edit: As long as the console/games included displays a PAL/50Hz picture, it should work, yes. I assume that this is the case as they would not want to disallow those with 50Hz only TVs from enjoying the games.
                  Last edited by Breadboy; 02-03-2012, 20:16.

Comment

Do you have a freeview box or sky box you plug into it, i'd imagine that should work.

Comment

Excellent, using an antenna has allowed me to get in and adjust. Keep having to turn the console on and off to see the adjustments, but i'll get there. Cheers boys!

Comment

worst case you can borrow my UK (battered, but working!) Megadrive 1...

PM me if you need it!

Comment

All sorted now, managed it using an antenna.

Comment

Too late to the party, but Could you not of used a ps3/360?

Comment

If you were to configure them to PAL mode, then yes, certainly. But of course, far less people have one of those consoles than those who have access to a television broadcast.

Comment

Working...
                              X