X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone to mod MD2 / MCD2

Hey guys,

Anyone doing mods these days??

I need to get my Megadrive 2 RGB & 60hz done & also need a Multi Bios on my Mega CD 2

I spoke to Mmmonkey but he's retired now & just wondered if anyone else fancies a go before I send them off to Console Passion.

Ta

Neil
    Last edited by Soundwave; 03-01-2014, 10:28.

Got a printer? you can just print one off from the internet if so.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
      Got a printer? you can just print one off from the internet if so.
      I don't but the parents do
      I did actually look at the xbox360 support page earlier but it didn't say anything about being able to print one off
      Do you have a link where I can get the image?

Thanks for the info

Neil

Comment

Comment

Thanks David, that worked a treat

Have changed the opening post now...looking for someone with some modding skills

Neil

Comment

MD2 do RGB natively.

I'd be able to install some switches if you like though. Unfortunately don't have the tools to install a BIOS in a MCD2 though.

Comment

I found that region modding MD2 was a waste of time as they have terrible sound quality compared the MD1 units. I tried it with various RGB cables and it there was always a constant buzzing sound. It's a shame as I prefer the smaller console size.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                MD2 do RGB natively.

I'd be able to install some switches if you like though. Unfortunately don't have the tools to install a BIOS in a MCD2 though.
                Ah didn't realise that, shows just how much attention I've actually paid to it

That could be a plan buddy.
                Will be in touch in a bit

Yeah I did think the Bios would be the problem, might have to be Console Passion for that.

Just remembered I'll have to widen the cart slot as well

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
                I found that region modding MD2 was a waste of time as they have terrible sound quality compared the MD1 units. I tried it with various RGB cables and it there was always a constant buzzing sound. It's a shame as I prefer the smaller console size.
                That's a shame but I guess something had to give to shrink it down.
                Not too fussed as long as there is sound & the buzz isn't that loud...will wait & see what it comes out like

Neil

Comment

I think there may be some minor ways of improving the sound from an MD2 that I could investigate.

If I could get a BIOS socket for the MD2 I could piggyback it which saves removing the original BIOS chip and works the same as directly replacing it. Guy over on assembler sells BIOSes and stuff. Up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    I think there may be some minor ways of improving the sound from an MD2 that I could investigate.

If I could get a BIOS socket for the MD2 I could piggyback it which saves removing the original BIOS chip and works the same as directly replacing it. Guy over on assembler sells BIOSes and stuff. Up to you.
                    Sound good for the Sound, I'm not in any rush so you could tinker till your hearts content

Now that sounds interesting with the Bios.
                    Could well be worth investigating but I don't want to put you to too much trouble.
                    I've never actually been on Assembler, might have to sign up.

Thanks again

Comment

I enjoy modding consoles, isn't a hassle at all.

I bet Console Passion would piggyback the BIOS anyway. Lol.

Assembler was a fairly quality place a few years back but for various reasons there seem to be a lot of kids posting now..

Comment

Lol probably

Thanks Man I really appreciate it, if I ever get round to getting another PC-E then I'll need that fettling too

Just had a quick look on there & will get signed up later seems to cover a feck load of stuffs.

Comment

Read up well before you do. They'll destroy your noobness like Hiroshima otherwise.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I almost forgot, in addition to the buzzy sound the MD2 is also incapable of playing certain music at proper speed. Hellfire is a prime example where that glorious muisc is slowed down to a crawl. It's definitely not a HZ or region issue as I eliminated those.

Comment

Working...
                            X