Nothing for now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing for now

I'm looking at what I haven't used for a while and deciding what's gonna go up for sale. BT payment if possible, or Paypal, UK postage included unless otherwise stated. No trades unfortunately. I could be way off on prices, please point this out if so. Open to offers and bundles.

Will gradually add to this thread as I sort through things, not many modded consoles left now.

Everything below has either been sold or moved onto ebay...

Super Game Boy with clock speed fix
    This is a cart only Super Famicom version, I've performed a clock speed mod on it so that games run at the proper speed with no distorted audio. Just the SGB cart, nothing else! £20

Cables - photos here
    Official Nintendo Mono Composite Cable. No idea which console came with this, I'm guessing a random import I purchased years ago. Standard Nintendo Multi-AV plug to phono plugs. £4

Monster 6ft Scart Cable £5

Thor 3ft Scart Cable £5

2 x 3 metre VGA with 3.5mm Audio Cables (male plugs both ends), Kramer brand who do professional AV equipment and cables - so I'm guessing heavily shielded judging by the thickness of these! Audio cable is 17cm one side and 70cm on the other. £5 each. (2 sold)

Super Famicom - 1-chip-02 - DECIDED TO KEEP FOR NOW
    Recapped a couple of years ago (kit from Console5).
    FFVIMan switchless kit with 1-chip addon, does region free, video modes, IGR v2 and D4 patch.
    Vertical line fix (new voltage regulator and a capacitor).
    RGB Bypass board for improved RGB image.
    Retro Game Supply UK PSU (which also works with the MD)
    1 official controller, the hinges on the shoulder buttons were glued back together but seem to have held up okay.
    Official Euro GameCube RGB Scart lead modified to work with NTSC SNES/SFC.

Looks like some slight discolouring to the controller port surround. Photos £130
    (I've got a bunch of games to work out prices for and will list on here as soon as - once I'm sure the console is sold, if you buy the console then we can work out a bundle if you want some games).

Mega Drive Games photos
    Found it difficult pricing games up, let me know if I'm way out. Would love to sell bundles of these to help on postage!
    Japanese Mega Drive
    Sonic 2 (Asian Version) - Boxed no instructions - 15
    Aladdin - Boxed with instructions - 40
    Eswat - Cart Only - 7
    Quackshot - Cart Only - 7
    Alien Storm - Boxed no instructions - 8
    Dynamite Duke - Boxed no instructions - 8
    Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star) - Boxed no instructions (faded tatty inlay) - 8
    Shadow Dancer - Boxed no instructions - 15
    Super Shinobi (early revision before changing characters - Batman - Spider-man etc) - Boxed no instructions - 30
    Super Shinobi II - Boxed no instructions - 30
    Daimakaimura Ghouls'n Ghosts - Boxed with instructions - 15
    Hellfire - Boxed with instructions (faded spine - creased ins.) - 10
    Mercs (cart cut to fit PAL console) - Boxed with instructions - 8
    Steet Fighter II Plus Champion Edition - Boxed with instructions - 15
    Strider - Boxed with instructions - 15
    Super Monaco GP - Boxed with instructions - 10
    Strider - Boxed no instructions - 8
    Daimakaimura Ghouls'n Ghosts - Boxed with instructions (faded spine) - 10

Genesis
    Mick & Mack Global Gladiators - Boxed with instructions - 10
    Alex Kidd - Cart Only - 5
    Beyond Oasis - Cart Only - 20
    Earthworm Jim - Cart Only - 10
    Jungle Book - Cart Only - 5
    Splatterhouse 2 - Cart Only - 50
    World of Illusion - Cart Only - 5

PAL Mega Drive
    Castle of Illusion - Boxed with instructions (Instruction cover damaged) - 10
    NBA Jam - Boxed with instructions - 10
    Streets of Rage II - Boxed with instructions - 30

JPN Mega Drive 1 - PENDING
    Japanese Model 1 Sega Mega Drive, HAA-2510, VA4 Motherboard
    Recapped a couple of years ago (kit from Console5) and new voltage regulator installed.
    Switchless Region Mod kit installed with In Game Reset.
    Dual Frequency Oscillator (DFO) Kit.
    Couple of SMD caps replaced to improve audio.
    Jailbar fix - lifting subcarrier pin to improve RGB image. Unfortunately the person who performed this broke the pin off so there is no chance of having composite video from this console - only RGB (well, it is possible, but not exactly easy to achieve).
    Cartridge Lock removed.
    Official UK PSU.
    Retro Gaming Cables Stereo RGB Scart Cable (connects to headphone port on the front).
    Homemade RGB Mono Scart Cable.
    1 official japanese 6 button pad.
    1 official 3 button pad, bit of a frankenstein's monster, mostly japanese, but the ABC buttons and rear are from a euro pad (will supply japanese ones if you want to try restoring).

Looks like the reset button is faded. Photos £120
    (I've got a bunch of games to work out prices for and will list on here as soon as - once I'm sure the console is sold, if you buy the console then we can work out a bundle if you want some games).

OG Xbox
    SATA/IDE Adapter
    Startech IDE to SATA adapter, complete with 80 wire IDE cable. Perfect for installing a SATA drive in your modded Original Xbox. Also comes with a 3.5" to 2.5" drive adapter if you want to install a 2.5" laptop size drive in the 3.5" drive space in the console. £8 (was £12).

Retro Gaming Cables Packapunch RGB Scart Cables
    Universal Nintendo RGB Packapunch Scart Cable, works with PAL and NTSC SNES/SFC consoles (as long as it outputs RGB), PAL Cubes, RGB Modded N64. Designed by RetroTink and made by RGC. Super handy if you have bunches of Nintendo consoles or are tinkering with them, one cable will handle them all. £30.

Original Xbox. This one, £10

OG Xbox Modded console
    Original Xbox, unboxed with some mods (photos)...

Aladdin XT Plus2 modchip with Xblast OS , Xecutor BIOS Ind BIOS (both supporting 128MB).
    128MB RAM Ugrade.
    480GB Samsung SSD (with Startech IDE SATA adapter and 80 wire IDE cable).
    Clock cap removed, common troublesome caps replaced and single trace repaired.
    Power supply has been checked for dry solder joints.
    Originally a PAL console, but video mode has been switched to NTSC and console to NTSC-U (but is region-free for games and DVD anyway).
    Noctua 60mm fan with 3D printed mount.
    Power LED is white, secondary LED is still red.
    XBMC4Gamers dashboard installed.

After doing the 128MB upgrade I never experimented with what this offers. I believe it’s good for some emulators (there’s no emulators installed), and for some Chihiro games that can run with it - but I never got around to getting and trying these.

Original S type pad (breakaway cable doesn’t match but is official), third party RGB Scart cable, original power lead.

Switch on with the power button and it will default into booting up into xbmc4gamers dashboard. Switch on with the eject button and instead of ejecting it will boot to the Xblast OS on the modchip, from where you can boot the other alternative BIOS (which boots a different dash), flash new BIOS, change the default boot BIOS. £90

GameCube
    Ritek 8cm 1.4GB Mini DVD-R - ideal for GameCube, I bought 5 of these years ago so I could run Swiss from one and have just found the other 4 blank discs in Orange cases. £7
    N64 Advanced RGB Mod Kit

I've been sat on this a couple of years and won't be installing it in any console, but maybe someone here will. I even went back and purchased the later released Flex Cables to make installation easier but still didn't get around to installing it, comes with an untested Programmer should you want to update the Firmware. Works with all N64 consoles. Original shop link for further info, photos.

I can't offer any support for this sorry, I've never installed one. £70

Various Cables
    Xbox 360 3rd party RGB Cable, black with optical audio out. £5

Original Xbox YpbPr Component Cable over Scart for OSSC (maybe other scalers). NOT an RGB Scart cable, has been rewired to transmit a component signal over the scart connector - I converted this myself and used this for a bit with an OSSC which is capable of accepting this signal over the Scart port. If you are using it on anything other than an OSSC then please research compatibility (quickly tried on a GBS-Control and it didn't work for me). £5

8 pin Mini Din to Scart for RGB Modified Consoles by Retro Gaming Cables - this one, check the link for more info, but works with various RGB mods - some by Tim Worthington. I was using it on an RGB Modded PC Engine for a while. £5

NTSC N64 Motherboard
    Later revision NTSC Motherboard that I picked up with the intention of installing the N64 Advanced RGB Kit into. Shielding a bit ropey but board looks okay, was going to transplant the board into a nicer PAL Console.

Just tried it out with a jumper pak (included) to confirm it works. Photos £8

Sega Saturn/Mega CD
    2 x FM1808-70-SG FRAM Memory chips, the replacement chip that means you don't lose save games when the battery dies. £5 each or both for £8.

NTSC-J Hong Kong Model N64

With early motherboard and simple RGB Amp installed (using a THS7374 chip if memory serves me correct). Comes with one red controller with fairly decent stick (this is the best N64 pad I have, can bung in a third party GameCube style control stick for you to install if you want to try it out, simple swap with a screwdrdiver - no soldering involved). Official RAM Pak, 3D printed Red Region Free Cart Slot (will play NTSC-U and NTSC-J games, NOT PAL games), original PSU (UK Plug and voltage), Retro Gaming Cables RGB Scart Cable and cart only copy of Wave Race (also Hong Kong release, English language).

Photos show it working with a selection of NTSC-U and NTSC-J games and 4 player Golden Eye so I could check all the controller ports worked. Extra games and controllers aren't included at the moment though.

Although it's boxed, the box is very tatty - there's no baggies or instructions, it's a bonus, but consider it unboxed! £130

More photos

Scart Gadgets
    4 Way Scart Splitter! I picked this up years ago out of curiousity more than anything as I'd never seen one in the wild before. 1 input and 4 properly amplified outputs. It's got phono audio out and a 3.5 Mic audio in to mix in different audio! Detects and works with RGB as that was what I tried it out with (in theory should work with composite). Also detects widescreen (in fact, just used that feature to confirm that the 4:3 Forcer cable I'm selling still works as I no longer have the CRT that needed that cable). Comes with the necessary 12v mains lead. One corner of the casing has a bit broken away and internally the screw posts are broken, so the casind could probably do with gluing together. (more photos) £10 (was £13) inc

Scart Cables
    I've got some high quality Scart to Scart cables that will work well with any of the above scart gadgets, £2 for a 6ft Monster cable, or £1 each for an unbranded cable if bought with any of the above gadgets. Photos

Cambridge Audio Scart to RGBS L+R phono plugs. So the scart lead would go into the output of a Scart Switch or splitter, and the phono plugs go into your display/scaler. It doesn't do any conversion, it's just a way of sending the same signal over different connector. £5

GameCube

Spice Orange NTSC-J GameCube with matching controller and GameBoy Player (more photos)

EDIT 09/03 - I'll get some photos during natural daylight today to try and show a true representation of the colour and condition of this, there is some fading of the colour on this by the looks of it (and some dust!) - EDIT again - even more photos here - I've tried to show whatever marks/discolouration/fading are present on the console, it's not mint - I'd say it's been played before I received it - please scrutinise the photos though rather than me try to describe it :-)

Of course, it's had some modifications over the time I've had it...
    It's got a JPN/ENG switch installed in the grill at the back of the machine (changes the console between NTSC-U and NTSC-J mode, not really necessary anymore with the GC Loader installed though as this allows it to play all region games from SD Card).
    Internal battery swapped out for a new one with a socket installed for easier replacement in the future.
    White power LED (I could pop the original LED back in if you prefer).
    Official GC Loader (PnP version) SD Card based ODE with 128GB Sandisk SD Card (this replaced the disk drive completely, this console doesn't play discs anymore - it now plays any region ISO file or GameCube exectable from SD Card).
    3D Printed GC Loader mount with push to eject SD card socket.
    Noiseblocker Fan installed (original fan and bracket included).
    Official UK PSU.

Video output is via the open source GCPlug/GC Video HDMI adapter which plugs into the Digital Out port. I ended up getting a black case for this and a black support brace also. Mini HDMI to regular HDMI cable included and I found a suitable IR Remote Control to change settings on the GC Plug. I've also dug out a composite cable and tried it on a CRT to confirm that the normal video and audio out is working (will include this cable also).

GC Loader updated to latest firmware which enables write support, so no need for a SD2SP2 SD Card adapter or a Memory Card SD adapter for Swiss to work fully, but I have some so I'll include them anyway along with the SD Card I was using to store Swiss settings.

Swiss updated and configured to use the GC Loader SD card to store settings and be used for Virtual Memory Cards.

All port covers on the bottom of the console are present. There's no disc for GameBoy Player but then there's no way of using an original disc now that the GC Loader is installed. I believe some people prefer to use Game Boy Interface utility because it has more features - I never got around to testing this out though, so you'll need to download it and put it on the the GC Loader SD Card, there's different versions depending on if you're playing on a CRT, LCD or through a Scaler.

3 x official memory cards - 1 x Memory Card 59 (grey), 1 x Memory Card 251 (black), 1 x Memory Card 1019 (white), although Swiss has Virtual Memory Card support which gives each game it's own memory card on the GC Loader SD Card, so no need to plug in an actual memory card, I'm including these in case you want to disable virtual memory card support and go back to using real memory cards.

£320 inc UK Special Delivery

Sega Dreamcast

Nice condition white NTSC-J console with a bunch of mods (various photos here)…
    Authentic GDEMU SD Card based ODE with 3D printed mount, updated to firmware that works with RE Code Veronica.
    Authentic first revision DC-Digital HDMI mod (antenna installed in recommended place for ODE based consoles and also updated via Wi-Fi to latest standard firmware).
    Internal battery holder with easily replaceable rechargeable battery.
    Self resetting fuse (in some circumstances it’s possible to blow the fuse on the controller board, simply power off the console and blown fuse will reset and controller ports start working again).
    White power LED.
    Recapped a couple of years ago.
    Noctua fan.
    Mini-ITX branded Pico PSU so no step down needed and no PSU problems due to having GDEMU installed.
    Region Free BIOS with standard boot menu (although redundant now that the GDEMU is installed).
    NTSC/PAL R422 Mod (fixes some problems with PAL games on an NTSC Console if memory serves).
    Original controller (matching colour logo), VMU and rumble pack.
    Retro Gaming Cables RGB Scart cable with 480p switch - works in interlaced mode on regular CRTs, but can be switched to 480p mode for scalers that support it like the OSSC.
    Mini HDMI to regular HDMI cable.
    Composite video cable.
    Bunch of various SD Cards, 256GB and some smaller ones with emulators and utilities on - Neo Geo CD, Atomiswave and utilities like Dreamshell, Dream Explorer. £400 inc UK Special Delivery.

Boxed VMU, boxed a bit squished and worn on corners. Not sure it's ever been unboxed, I never have but I haven't owned it since new. £10 inc

Ascii Pad FT, model ASC-1301P. 6 face button Dreamcast joypad. The tiny little nubs that hold the cable in the on the back (same as an official DC pad) are broken, so I took it apart and fed a small cable tie though so that the cable always exits the back of the pad. Has a VMU slot, and built in rumble (can be disabled). £65 inc

PlayStation
    PlayStation with xStation ODE, 512GB SD Card. This started as a PAL 5502 console, I installed the equivalent American NTSC motherboard when I installed the xStation (I wanted a proper NTSC signal rather than slightly off spec one when playing NTSC games on a PAL console).

Later on I installed a DFO mod for correct NTSC / PAL video modes anyway and an IGR board to reset console from the pad in controller port 1. Also installed is a 3D printed mount for the xStation, one that doesn’t use an SD Card extension (in the early days of the xStation the extensions could sometimes cause issues).

Comes with power lead, one official Memory Card in case, one official digital pad, official Dualshock pad (a white PSone model pad) and Retro Gaming Cables RGB Cable with guncon port). More photos to come when I can take some during daylight hours!

£220 inc UK Special Delivery
    or £240 with the Smoke Black MemCard Pro with 16GB SD Card (will sell memcard pro by itself if console sells without it)

Other PlayStation Bits
    Japanese Black Namco GCon 45 Lightgun with Arcade Switch Kit fitted, unbranded black Guncon AV adapter supplied. £35 inc

Japanese Black Namco GCon 45 Lightgun with official Namco Grey Guncon adapter supplied. £30 inc

SCPH-1180 Analog Pad, the original non Dualshock analog controller. £15 inc PENDING

Sega Saturn Console
    NTSC-J Model 1 VA0. Has an original RHEA ODE installed and 3D printed mount 256GB SanDisk Card, FRAM Mod to keep save games after the battery dies, also has a Region Free BIOS (but that's irrelevant once the RHEA is installed I believe), NTSC 60Hz only - so PAL optimised games are no good on this console (too fast and/or will be too big for the screen). Motherboard changed to default to English language, I remember the Japanese release of Dynamite Deka had English QTE prompts if this was done. Retro Gaming Cables RGB Scart, official pad, NEW CR2032 BATTERY!! Edit - forgot to say, Mini-ITX brand PicoPSU fitted and suitable 12v PSU included.

Check out the photos for what's included (wireless receiver in one photo not included), nice and clean condition. Some good info here about setting up an SD Card

£230 inc UK Special Delivery.

Other Saturn Bits Photos
    Wireless 2.4G Controller. Before Retro-Bit released theirs, this came as a kit that you transplanted into an official controller, including swapping over the best switches for the shoulder buttons, I've never used a 3rd party Saturn pad that has shoulder buttons as nice as the ones Sega used back in the day. Found out about it on the shmups forums years ago and ordered one before they vanished. I've got some badly translated instructions on how to pair the controller and receiver if it ever needs it or to change wireless channel which I'll send over. £25 inc

All Black Virtua Gun. Fitted with Arcade Switch Kit for the trigger, regreased the trigger so no squeeking, AA battery added to handle only for extra weight and balance - as recommended by the gun designer (will put one in the barrel if you want). £30 inc

White Japanese 3D Controller. £30 inc

Official Memory Backup Cart, white with no labels. £10 inc

Official 1MB RAM Cart. £20 inc

Official 4MB RAM Cart. £30 inc

Gamecube Component Cable
    An official Component cable. This was at one time converted into an RGB Scart cable way way back when the Cube was current. Then years later I completely reversed the conversion and soldered on some new component plugs. That's why it doesn't have the component plugs that you see on a regular cable. You'll need an regular composite cable to get sound from the console, I'll throw in one of those too. (more photos) £70 (was £90) inc SOLD £60

I'm hoping someone buys this to use and not to flip on ebay.

Scart Gadgets
    4:3 Forcer - I used to have a 4:3 TV that was 16:9 aware - when it received a 16:9 signal over Scart it would go into letterbox mode. Except a lot of retro consoles don't put out enough voltage on Scart Pin 8 because of the way that they are designed (before Widescreen was a thing and supported I guess). So, to get around this I installed a step-up voltage regulator into a short Scart lead so that pin 8 is always outputting enough volts to force 4:3 mode. Powers itself, gets power from the Scart lead that you plug into it. I only used it with RGB scart cables, I'm unsure how it would behave with a non RGB scart cable! (more photos) £7

2 Way RGB Scart Splitter. This was built from an Open Source design, features an RGB Amplifier that supports 1 input and 2 outputs. I tweaked it slightly when I was building it so that both output scart cables trail towards the back rather than one back, one front. Needs Micro USB power, I'll include a 5v Micro USB mains lead. Great if you're wanting to output to a CRT and also a scaler to then goto HDMI or a capture card. I only used with RGB signals, so unsure how it behaves with composite. (more photos) £9

Metal 3 way scart Switch with bug buttons that go clunk. I remember these being well regarded back in the day when I first had more than one console I wanted to hookup via RGB. I think these were considered good quality then, and I've not noticed any issues with using a couple of years ago when I needed it again. (more photos) £6 PENDING

GBS Control All in One Scaler

I built a couple of these, and this is a spare. This one came as a kit from retroupgrades.co.uk, I performed all the optional mods on the original board to eek the best picture quality out of it that I could. It's also had the Clock Generator mod to improve compatibility. Full details of scaler here - please check that you know what this is before buying, for example - it doesn't do composite video signals but does RGB, VGA, Component input, and VGA or HDMI output. £50 inc UK postage. Some more photos here.

CMVS, MV1C based, aluminium shell, licensed UniBIOS 4 (although this is now free!) installed on a NeoBiosMasta with Virtual Memory Card, 5v PSU, Stereo Sound, RGB circuit to correct video levels to safe levels (and RGB lead supplied), hardwired DFO mod to adjust signal to work better with scalers like the OSSC (matches the AES refresh rate signal I think), illuminated power button on front and a reset button on the back), charging circuit disabled and large capacity battery installed in a holder to retain date and high scores. Couple of more photos. £250 PENDING

1 or 2 Original Neo Geo CD clicky joypads, all directions working can be added to the CMVS above for £50 for 1, both for £80. If the CMVS sells without the joypads then I'll sell separately. 1 PENDING, 1 ebay

Apart from the obvious multicarts, these are original carts with original boards - no bootlegs.

161 in 1 Multicart, with Sound and Stability Fixes, transplanted into an original cart case. Works with PICKnMIX on UniBIOS 4. £75
    138 in 1 Multicart, again with Sound and Stability Fixes, transplanted into an original cart case. Dipswitch mod performed to remove the necessary JAMMA board, A5 booklet with dip switch codes supplied (and electronic copies should you want a backup). £75
    Metal Slug X, obvious repro label but original cart and boards. £70 EBAY
    Metal Slug 2, Turbo patched P1 ROM chip installed to help reduce slowdown, creator of the patch doesn't want these sold for profit so consider it a standard MS2 cart (and the original P1 ROM chip is supplied and can be swapped over easily due to socket install), obvious repro label. £50 SOLD
    Metal Slug. £50
    Neo Turf Masters. £75 EBAY

Couple of Original Xbox games, all PAL, boxed with instructions (inc 2nd class post MOVED TO EBAY)
    The Thing - £6
    Outrun 2 - £8 (oops, corrected from typo)
    Psychonauts - £30

Like I said, I could be way off on prices - let me know. If you want to build a bundle - knock yourself out, will help me when it comes to posting it out, I can post pretty much any day of the week.

Feedback here, I'm a lurker these days - hopefully okay to pop on here to flog stuff.

Cheers
    Pete
    Last edited by mmmonkey; 19-06-2023, 06:43.

Added Xbox games...

Couple of Original Xbox games, all PAL, boxed with instructions (inc 2nd class post)
    The Thing - £6
    Outrun 2 - £8
    Psychonauts - £30

EDIT - moved Xbox games to eBay.
    Last edited by mmmonkey; 11-02-2023, 20:13.

Comment

Added GBS Control scaler, moved Xbox games onto ebay

Comment

Added a bunch of scart bits and bobs, and a Cube component cable.

Comment

Added modded Sega Saturn console and reduced the Scart 4 way splitter and the Cube Component Cable

Comment

Sending a PM re: the Saturn

Comment

I have PM'd re the wireless Saturn pad

Comment

Ah man did I miss the Saturn? Great deal!

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                  Ah man did I miss the Saturn? Great deal!
                  IKR? Was seriously tempted but didn't quite have the funds for it at present.

Trust [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] to snap it up for his legendary museum. It's going to an awesome home!

Comment

Saturn will soon be winging it's way to a loving home. DC still to be sorted and tested, might do a PS1 with xStation next though

Comment

I’d like the Virtua Gun if it’s still available?

Comment

Interested in the RAM carts, your inbox is full currently though.

Comment

xStation modded PlayStation added, along with a couple of other PS1 bits such as Black Guncon guns.

Comment

I’m interested in the scart switcher. Do you know if it will work with an OSSC?
                            I have a passive scart switcher that always used to work pretty well when I had a CRT but for some reason on the OSSC the colour is way off, too yellow if memory serves me correctly.

Comment

Hiya. It’s a Scart Splitter - 1 signal in and 4 signals out, not a splitter. So might not be what you’re after?

Comment

Working...
                              X