Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Street Fighter x Tekken / Tekken x Street Fighter (PS3/360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legendary View Post
    They probably write a street fighter game engine and all it need to change the graphics, sound, animation and gameplay with a game editor and it is easy to make new game as the technical hard work is done.
    Haha if only game development was actually this trivial.

Comment

Interesting report

Both games are 2 years away with the Namco version probably further away. From the looks of things they aren't just gonna be SF4 and TK6 with modified characters but something new.

Comment

The more I watch the gameplay video, the more I realise that whilst this is definitely the SFIV engine, the system is doing so much different already (after what is apparently two months of development) that it's more than just a reskin.

Wavedash under fireballs (there goes any concerns about the Tekken characters lacking projectiles causing problems straight away)
        Wall Juggles
        Forward Tech Rolls (seems to be delayed too rather than the instant you hit the floor)
        Tag Mode (and Tag Combos)

I really like the look of this.

Comment

Sorry.. but boo to all the haters and cynics.. This looks AWESOME!!! Big fan of both games.. but was more into Tekken back in the glory days of Tag Tournament! And always loved Streetfighter but only been REALLY into it since 3s and SSFIV

SSFIV + Tekken Tag?? = WIN

Damn I love you capcom!

Fanboy joygasm over..

Comment

Throw me in the 'give it a chance' group, even if the potential problems are obvious. Then again, if you disliked SF4, maybe there's more cause for concern.

Comment

jez i loath SFIV, looks pretty much like its going to be basically SFIV with new characters and backgrounds - wish it used the NAMCO Tekken 5/6 engine.

although i'm probably in the minority....

Comment

Get the Namco version then lol :P

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
                  Get the Namco version then lol :P
                  cool, just read there might be 2 versions

yes!

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                    Capcom seem intent on saturating their market
                    It's 2 years away.

Comment

Here is a better version of that YouTube video at a better and closer angle, and its longer too. Its also very funny with the sound up!

Comment

I have to say thats looks like great fun, they might just pull this off.

Comment

SF4 and TK6 art style compared

Hopefully they won't end up looking like this
                          Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

what SF4 could have looked like.
                          There's an interesting piece up over on Capcom's Japanese Street Fighter blog today, showcasing some of the concept art used during the production of Street Fighter IV.

Also found this link on Neoempire, a detailed analysis of the gameplay shown so far. A lot of very interesting points from someone who seems to have some understanding of both games.

Comment

Surely that Sakura shot in the first pic is ripped from Ape Escape?

Comment

God, i really did hate the anime hair in tekken 6. ><

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                                Surely that Sakura shot in the first pic is ripped from Ape Escape?
                                That's from the PC version where someone has modded Sakura to use Zangief's moves

Comment

Working...
                                X