• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guts View Post
    Yeah, in 1997.
    Yep, I never viewed them as a tech company

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
      Yeah, in 1997.
      No RARE always had a great dedicated R&D studio . Games like Conkers on the XBox looked better than some 360 games and the Tech behind the likes of Viva and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (which still to this day looks stunning)

Comment

That doesn't explain why Kameo and Perfect Dark looked rather ropey at the time though.

Viva Pinata and Banjo were both beautiful games, but I don't think that is down to any special sauce tech wise. VP had horrific tearing and slowdown.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
          Fable 2 is probably my favorite game of the last generation, but I didn't enjoy Fable 3 and didn't fancy the sound of the Kinect one.

This is the series I will miss most if I don't get a Bone
          Yup, I feel exactly the same, and am unsure my love of Fable is enough to buy an XBone. May have to kiss the series farewell.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            That doesn't explain why Kameo and Perfect Dark looked rather ropey at the time though.
            They were in development hell though switching from one console to another and then another .

VP had horrific tearing and slowdown.
            Slowdown can just be a lack of optimisation. RARE always have a pretty good and big R&D. Shame MS have just seemed to have wasted that talent on **** like Kinect

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              No RARE always had a great dedicated R&D studio . Games like Conkers on the XBox looked better than some 360 games and the Tech behind the likes of Viva and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (which still to this day looks stunning)
              They are still too this day good looking games so is a very good point. Can you imagine the state kinect would be in if MS hadn't of thrown Rares full attention behind it? Studios are always more than the sum of the spokesperson you regularly see in interviews. There still an extremely talented bunch of people.

Comment

Working...
              X