Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consoles/Handhelds you regret selling and bought again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't sell much, so inevitably when I sold my PC Engine a few years back I regretted it. I kept the games, then ended up buying a couple more and being given a stick. Finally I broke down and bought a new system.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      My family sold our Vic20 and I recently gave away my Atari 2600 to Mainvein on here, but I have no regrets.

I have a SNES, MD, N64, Game Boy, PS1 and PS2. Apart from a few PS2 titles (which I play on my PS3), I never play them.
      I'm such a hoarder, I just don't know when to let go...
      You think you're a hoarder??
      I seriously need to you get down here one day & see the amount of **** I've accumulated over the years.

There's mountains of crap but I just can't bear to part with anything.

I have a Spectrum, Amiga & N64 collection which just sit there doing nothing.
      The Speccy & Amiga probably haven't seen the light of day since the early-mid 90's when I started getting properly into Consoles & the N64 has easily sat unloved for at least 6/7 years but I just can't bring myself to sell any of them...they aren't worth much anyway.

But it's getting to a point where it's ridiculous & eventually I'll need a spare flat just to store the stuff.

Neil

Comment

I might get myself a Hyperkin Retron5 once they come out. So I can not play it.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

My modded PS2 with a Hori VF stick and a good collection of jp shumps and other rare imports.

One of my Ultra rare consoles, I think it was a Pokemon edition. There is not a day which goes by in which I do not kick myself for selling that stuff.. I'll never ever be able to get that stuff back. Much like my DC collection, sigh...

Today I'm selling my Vita as I need the monies very badly and I just never play it... but I'm sure I'll regret that one soon enough.

Comment

I think the only one that I've every sold and re bought was my Neo Geo I think I'm on my Third one will never sell it ago

Comment

My US SNES with 70 odd boxed games. Sold it as I modded my Xbox but after not using it I started to regret it as emulation was below par.
              When I hit 30 I bought another and has amassed a better lot than before. All gets played too.

Comment

Only regret selling my Official PS2 SCART cable. Probably gonna get a JP-RGB PS1 Official cable and an XRGB soon for some PlayStation love.

Comment

Pretty much every console has come and gone, then come back again for me lol. I go through weird phases of having all of the current generation of consoles at the time under the TV to just having 1 console (like most did in the early 90s).

Now I just keep them all and the console I'm playing at the time is in the living room on the main TV, and the rest is in the bedroom all together in a unit I made connected to a TV on the wall which I just bought. At the moment it's the Wii U downstairs thanks to Pikmin 3 and Skyward Sword.

I have always kept Nintendo consoles though since the Cube.

Comment

Nothing is unbuyable I reckon. If you have the money, you can get anything you want.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I regret selling my GameCube. I had such good collection and as I needed cash at the time almost give it away to somebody on here. Can't remember who!

Comment

My snes with 100 boxed mint games, and my neo geo cd. And collection, if if kept them, I'd could now sell them for 10 times as much, ironclad on neo cd goes for over 200 alone.

Comment

Didn't want to start a new thread and couldn't find the previous one about not enjoying gaming so figured I'd post in here as it's kind of related.

With what happened to me two weeks ago and losing my job I needed some funds pretty sharpish so sold a load of stuff. I've also traded in a shed load to make sure that I've got funds available for my PS4 as, even though I've managed to find a new job it's on less hours and at a smaller rate of pay. I basically wanted to make sure I had something to pay the bills for now.

As it stands I only have a PS3 Slim 320Gb with 14 games (not including digital purchases or PS+), PSVita WiFi with about 20 games and 3DSXL with 7 games.

I've actually been playing more the last week or so than I have over the last 6 months!! Having removed the huge element of too much choice I find myself picking something to play and enjoying when I do rather than wondering if my time would be better spent playing something else.

In fact, I'm going to have a long think about whether or not to actually go next gen straight away but that leaves me ?700+ on GAME gift cards to hold onto...hmm...

Comment

Working...
                          X