Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy (Bad Robo) makes photo-realistic walk in the park in Dreams.

Comment

Would that work in the VR mode?

MONSTER TRUCK CHAMPIONSHIP:

Comment

Comment

I should be entering the upgrade cycle on this run but I'm actually thinking... these may not be the best time to dive in. I'm very mindful that what little I've read the 3090 doesn't seem to deliver the upgraded performance over the 3080 to warrant the huge price gulf and that the 3080/3070 are arriving on the dawn on a new gen that still mistakenly is geared to RTX in current gen designed games rather than the reality in a year or two of what the new gen games will be expecting to push so I'm going to ride it out for the 40XX series in a couple more years which should be perfect at real term next-gen performance to see the gen through

Comment

I honestly don't expect any developer to have anything up their sleeves to really push this new tech any time soon. What else is anticipated after Cyberpunk? Games pushing the PS5 are probably going to be exclusives, and SeriesX games are going to be Game Pass anyway...

These are going to be the best GPUs you can buy for the price for quite a while, I think.

Comment

That's why I'm happy to wait. I watched the GTX3080 trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 and it was a little like spot the difference at times. It's clear we aren't getting next-gen pushing titles in 2020 or most of of 2021 which already puts us halfway through to the launch of the 40XX line of cards. The best thing about the 30XX series seems to be that for the masses still rocking a 970 etc they deliver a massive improvement for a decent price but cards higher than that seem likely to have enough head room to wait 24 months for the next cards that might well see owners through most of the generation.

That said, the info DF lists about the FPS gains on Control sound pretty good. I'm more interested in seeing how these cards run stuff like that and Flight Simulator rather than Era who are bowled over by games like Doom Eternal or Borderlands 3 gains which never pushed the old cards to begin with.

Comment

I'm actually very much looking forward to playing current-gen stuff that I've missed out on at a locked 144FPS. It's certainly a little of the SeriesX syndrome, although I'm sure the investment will last me another four years, at least. Especially at 1440p.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  I'm actually very much looking forward to playing current-gen stuff that I've missed out on at a locked 144FPS. It's certainly a little of the SeriesX syndrome, although I'm sure the investment will last me another four years, at least. Especially at 1440p.
                  Yep, by the looks they'll run like a beauty on it, should beast any current gen stuff really well. A fair bit of the equation for me is my PC will need a newer CPU and RAM module type as well so quite a lot seems to be coalescing around 2022 for a refined GPU, newer PCIE boards, CPU's based on that and DDR5/USB4. Pretty sure this point in 2 years I'm outright looking at needing a new PC so even putting suspicion of an over focus on ray tracing aside it feels a bit too early for me with these boards. I can imagine the 3070/3080 will become standard for years for many though just like the 970/1080 did as the cost/performance ratio is good.

Comment

Funselektor's exquisite looking art of rally has a final release date, with the top-down off-roader coming to Steam and…

art of rally is out on 23 Sept

Comment

"The first battery-free Game Boy wants to power a gaming revolution

Solar energy and mechanical triggers power the Engage, a console at the cutting edge of computer engineering."

Comment

World's End Club, the new game written by Kotaro Uchikoshi (Zero Escape series, AI: the Somnium Files etc), has just launched today on Apple Arcade. He's had some interesting things to say about it on Twitter , which I'm linking so you have to click, rather than using the in-built Twitter plugin thing, as I personally would've rather not known. It launches on Switch next Spring, and that might be the one to wait for if you're looking to see everything at once.

Comment

**** the bed...

The offical website of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Your number one source for news, latest videos and screenshots from the upcoming RPG developed by CD PROJEKT RED!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            Great, it'll be a free upgrade for owners of the current version of the 'Complete Edition'.

Bullet dodged as I bought that for the Xbox One only a couple of weeks ago.

Edit: It gets better! According to this, owners of the standard version will also be eligible for the free upgrade.
                            Last edited by Deuteros; 04-09-2020, 14:19.

Comment

Great to see CDPR showing how it's done. So tell me this, if they can offer a free upgrade to any version then what is going on with Remedy if they can't do that same with Control?

Great news anyway.

Comment

Literally the only reason CDPR are able to do it is because they made a metric ton of money on The Witcher and can easily afford to write off any additional development costs required to create PS5/Series X improvements, 505/Remedy can’t because Control sold like ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X