Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly don't see the issue with the PS5 design. Not the best ever but very far from the worst and still not the worst this new gen

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      GX4000?

Oh no that C64 GS.

Nicer than PS5! Granted there may have been some fugly computers but 8 bit on? Can't think of one.

Comment

I've grown used to the PS5. I admire they've gone for something different, but I doubt they'll go this route again. I reckon the next revision will be boxy again.

Comment

I like the design of the PS5. This forum has played host to countless moans over the years that console designs are becoming boring - PS5 is divisive but at least you can’t say it’s dull. I think it’s funkily futuristic, even if it is ridiculously huge.

One thing I really like about it is its almost Y2K aesthetic. It looks like the wacky renders you’d get in console mags of what consoles would one day look like. I reckon that’s really on point for 2020, personally. We’re kinda moving out of the 90s being the height of retro cool into millennium stuff now.

Unrelated - I just got an email from Amazon revising my Demon’s Souls delivery date to 12th Nov. What’s that all about?
          Last edited by wakka; 05-10-2020, 20:53.

Comment

I got that from Amazon too, and Spider-Man delivery date 12th as well

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              I got that from Amazon too, and Spider-Man delivery date 12th as well
              I searched Google for any articles about this but couldn’t see any. Seems weird to issue the games a week earlier than the machine.

Comment

Maybe they got it mixed up with the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea release date which is the 12th?

Comment

I saw that digitally some of the games are available on the 12th too, and preloadable from even earlier than that Guess it doesn't matter?

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                    In my opinion this is the ugliest console of all time. I honestly can't think of one I like less.
                    Yeah, I doubt there are many people who looked at their internet router and thought "I wish I had a games console that looked like that."

I'm all for making consoles look cool and chic, with a some inspirational flair to the design. But all Sony have done is create a really unconventional(for a console) design that doesn't impress in any way. It really feels like no thought went into its creation. Maybe the person behind the design just googled old images of internet routers and thought "I may as well go with this, seeing the bosses want something different."

We now have a console that evokes memories of all the terrrible, tacky concept designs people have rendered over the years to trick people into believing Sony's design department have gone bonkers. Now we realise it foreshadowed what was to come..
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 06-10-2020, 00:28.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                        In my opinion this is the ugliest console of all time. I honestly can't think of one I like less.
                        Same here. It doesn't help that it's absolutely massive as well... If it was that shape and design but, you know small and cute, then maybe.

I still think it will look better in other colours to make it look more muted but as it is basically the design team have created Frankenstein's monster. (My opinion!).

Comment

I think the size of it doesn't help. I appreciate what they've done. They've gone for that futuristic look.
                          People saying it's the worst looking are forgetting the Philips CDi or Atari Jaguar. I actually think the Japanese Super Famicom is pretty ugly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

Thing is, I didn't forget the CDI or Jaguar! Jaguar with CD even looks better!

It isn't futuriatic.... it looks like a futuristic render from year 2000. Its retro futurism in the worst way.

Comment

It already looks old fashioned. Like someone selling new old stock of a Chinese clone console from the 90s. It
                              Looks worse every time I see it. Why did nobody at Sony stop this?

Comment

Whoever designed it needs sacking quite frankly. Or the design firm, if thats the case, bought out and liquidated for crimes against taste.

Its a disgrace of an object that I’ll resent looking at every day.

I may have to hide it behind the tv.

Comment

Working...
                                X