Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried it? It seems the only way to get Halo 5 played on PC but on Era the comments keep referring to it as notably worse than Stadia which sounds pretty damning

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Anyone tried it? It seems the only way to get Halo 5 played on PC but on Era the comments keep referring to it as notably worse than Stadia which sounds pretty damning
      Yeah I've been in the closed beta for a while. I can't comment on Stadia as I've not used it but so far this plays as well in browser as it does through other means (android etc).

I think it matters a lot on whether the game is running on Series X hardware or not. I've tried Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 previously on One X cloud streaming and it wasn't too hot but recently I tried Dirt 5 running 1080p60 off Series X and not only did it load really quickly it was much improved in terms of latency and general graphical quality.

So maybe the biggest hurdle is getting all games onto the newest hardware?

I got the info wrong btw... It's still in beta, it's just open beta now for all game pass ultimate subscribers...

Comment

Tried it at lunch. On the Xbox Series X blades loading is massively improved, into Halo 5 title screen in 20-30 seconds now.

Forza 7 loading the same (in fact the save game sync took longer than the game load - the Forza games must have massive save files) - I did find myself exceeding track limits a little bit more and posted a 2:02:357 on the Catalunya circuit with the McLaren 720S - I think this is down to microadjustments on the controller not being quite as instant. It is still playable, but I don't think I'd be able to post my best laps times streaming.

It's on par with Stadia, just far better value for money - you can definitely get the flavour of the games if not the full taste and clearly it works better for some than others. I'd say the Series X blades have definitely boosted the experience up a notch.

I think I could remove Dragon Quest XI from the internal storage and stream that without noticing much difference, Red Dead Redemption II online took 20 seconds to load up to the title (took about a minute to get to the game proper, but not sure how long that usually takes) and that I haven't downloaded as it's nearly 90GB.

You can definitely see some colour banding in the dark areas and the edges aren't super sharp on RDR2 Online - but I could wonder around okay, given this isn't something I'm likely to want taking up space, streaming it.

But no, I still don't want streaming as my sole access to gaming.
        Last edited by MartyG; 29-06-2021, 12:49.

Comment

Hopefully, as I'd be using a wired connection, it'd run well enough to get through Halo 5's campaign. Still bobbins that it's not been ported or added to MCC but I plan on returning to the collection and powering through so it'd be nice to be able to return to that one in a playable form

Comment

Good info Marty.

I don't use it enough to give a in depth analysis but basically as it's included in your subscription and you get 100s of games to play, with your game saves and progression ... For me that eclipses anything Stadia is doing.

Given this is still in beta it's pretty decent. I only hope they continue to improve it over time.

Comment

Some info on performance upgrades to flight simulator on PC. Sounds pretty significant and you'd wonder how well the Series S/X are now going to run your at launch at the end of the month...

Comment

Comment

Yay, ugly trainers, that also don't match. /get lost grandad

Comment

I'm 100% with you. There is nothing good about what comes in that box

Comment

After all the drama it sounds like the Xbox x Kojima deal still isn't even done and still doesn't have a game attached to it so whilst it's likely to happen it's also unlikely to fall anywhere within the first half of the new generation.

Comment

https://venturebeat.com/2021/07/01/h...key-milestone/
                        After all the drama it sounds like the Xbox x Kojima deal still isn't even done and still doesn't have a game attached to it so whilst it's likely to happen it's also unlikely to fall anywhere within the first half of the new generation.
                        If it's a cloud based title it'll be interesting to see what Kojima comes up with. Personally I'm not really a fan of his work but he definitely has an eye for pushing the boundaries...

Comment

Dark Souls 3 gets a 60fps boost.

Comment

EDIT: Sorry, should have read the post above before posting.

Dark Souls 3 now runs at 60fps on Xbox Series X/S thanks to FPS Boost

"Digital Foundry : Dark Souls 3 has just received a new lease of life on Xbox Series consoles, thanks to the transformative powers of FPS Boost. The From Software classic now targets 60 frames per second on the new wave of Microsoft consoles, replacing the somewhat wobbly 30fps of the Xbox One rendition of the game. We had early access to the FPS Boosted rendition of the game and it certainly does the job, delivering nigh-on flawless performance on Xbox Series consoles."

Comment

xScreen Turns Xbox Series S into a Laptop-Like Portable, and Was Crowdfunded in 20 Minutes

Comment

I wanted to make docks like that one, with the HDMI, power and USB cables at fixed positions so I could move my Xbox/PS4 between rooms easily.

Looks like I'd need a 3D printer or something...

Comment

Working...
                                X