This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonny View Post
    See I disagree... Co-op is important but it's not the only way to play campaign. Most play it solo and only go back to co-op it later.

The delay is 3 months for co-op and 6 months for Forge. I don't think that's a **** show.

The project has obviously suffered setbacks both due to the pandemic and of their own internal issues. At this stage, having delayed a year and with campaign and multiplayer ready I think this is a good decision.

They don't want to delay launch any more as they have a few window in now that Sony has delayed GOW and Horizon out to 2022. I think they've enough content in at launch to keep interest going till the extra content drops.
    It's a **** show.
    I didn't see Mario released with only bits of the game with the rest coming later.
    I didn't see Ratchet and Clank released with only bits of the game with the rest coming later.
    Halo is Xbox big game. Its their system seller. Either release it all together or delay it. Don't cobble it together later

Comment

Maybe if Microsoft hadn't plastered images of the Chief all over the box for the Series X it wouldn't be such a big deal?

Comment

Well yeah ok but then Mario / Ratchet and Clank don't release simultaneously on PC, Series Consoles and Xbox One... In fact Mario / Ratchet and Clank don't even have multiplayer, or a user creation map mode anyway so what is the point of the comparison?

At the end of the day they're delaying two pieces of content by 3 and 6 months respectively and yet I would argue even in doing so the game on day one is still bigger in size than most other console launches.
        Last edited by nonny; 21-08-2021, 20:56.

Comment

You’ve no idea how big the game will be, no one does. Could be the shortest campaign of any Halo for all anyone knows. Point being coop should be in day 1 without fail, heads need nocking into desks at 343 and management needs a serious review as well. They have had enough time to finish 3 games by now, not 1 half cooked.

Comment

[MENTION=221]nonny[/MENTION]
            I think you may have stumbled on part of the problem. They are developing a game to run on SeriesS, seriesX, xboneX, xbone and PC. All needing its own attention and tweeks. That's not going to help release dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              [MENTION=221]nonny[/MENTION]
              I think you may have stumbled on part of the problem. They are developing a game to run on SeriesS, seriesX, xboneX, xbone and PC. All needing its own attention and tweeks. That's not going to help release dates.
              Yep definitely part of the problem for sure. It's a huge project with a turbulent track record... And I think a other delay will be more damaging.

The multiplayer is looking great this far based off the technical test, the campaign is the most important piece for most people... As long as they get that out this side of Xmas I think that's the best outcome for the majority of players.

Yes it's not ideal, but it's the reality. At least they've got people at the helm making these tough decisions and prioritising what matters most. It can't have been easy.

If they get it out in November like most are guessing that means co-op is most likely coming in February.

That isn't terrible by my standards, it's just not ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                On another note, SeriesX expansion card for £146, absolute bargain.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/1tb...-spain-3781680
                This is a great price... Annoyingly in skint right now otherwise I'd have grabbed one. Makes me think they might go even cheaper soon.

Comment

Duckstation PS1 emulator now supports 4K on series X.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                    https://youtu.be/DIPZvEHUhM4

Duckstation PS1 emulator now supports 4K on series X.
                    I watched this last week on YouTube. Looks class and when I get time I’ll sort out my Series X to play emulators.

Comment

They're just about to release the Edge browser update as well. I've had the new chromium browser on Xbox for a while as part of the inside ring and it's a huge improvement over the crap they had before.

Best part is you can now access and play a lot of browser based games as well and I've seen some people playing Mario 64 this way recently.

Having that browser update just opens up a tonne of functionality. You could theoretically use it as an office PC if all you use us Google apps and Office 365.

Comment

I still want a SeriesX with Windows on it MS please.

Comment

Yeah I don't think we will get there to be honest but who knows what they're planning. It would certainly be a capable enough desktop.

I'm looking forward to them allowing cloud streaming direct on the console. It's blocked in the Edge browser right now even though it works on PC... Will be a good option to be able to play new titles immediately while they download in the background, or just for quick bursts on game pass titles where they have weekly rewards.

Comment

Question for you Nonny, my gamepass ran out, i take it the upgrade for £1 is only available on your account once as a one time offer? I bought live gold again so i can play online but it only comes up with upgrade for £10.99 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Question for you Nonny, my gamepass ran out, i take it the upgrade for £1 is only available on your account once as a one time offer? I bought live gold again so i can play online but it only comes up with upgrade for £10.99 a month.

Here ya go, matey.

Comment

Weird. Do i have to wait a month for the option to appear? Atticus says just do the upgrade to gamepass for £10.99 a month and it converts the lot, but then thats a reoccurring sub at full price when i already have gold.

Comment

Working...
                                X