No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High praise indeed I’ll post up some more of my stuff later. I’ve done a loading screen for mine, and I also did the in game graphics for a commercial release QL adventure by someone else.

Comment

Here is the gif version of an animated QL Christmas Card I made for a competition a few years back.

Comment

Is that Dominik Diamond in the picture?

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Is that Dominik Diamond in the picture?
            Arl get yer!!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
              Arl get yer!!
              I was thinking about you last night as I playing EDF and remembered you threatening various insects that they're "Gonna get got".

Great turn of phrase!

Comment

Wicked! Makes me think of Jack the Nipper

Comment

Makes me think of Hey Hey 16K

Comment

I saw a lovely painting at the nursing home (or Dying Home as I call it) when I went to visit my grandfather today. It was a painting of a child in a field with some geese, it looked French, and I made a mental note of the name of the piece and the artist but now I've forgotten thus rendering this post entirely useless. My apologies.

Comment

At least you used the word ‘render’ so it’s still topical

Comment

To rescue the thread here is some screenshots of the adventure I mentioned. It was an unrealeased game from the mid 80s, the code was all over hauled, improved, etc. I did the graphics using old photos and experimented with various colour reduction and dithering techniques. I came up with the idea of making it look like film cells, with it having an 80s spy kinda feel.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                          Don’t get too carried away! It’s 1980s cyberpunk text adventure Does the QL for sale have any storage options? You really need floppy, or se card or ide dom module.
                          Damn, it wasn't on Amibay and now I can't find it. I've just always wanted a QL, right from when I was at school still. Never even seen a real one but they just look so cool. I'll bear in mind your storage advice when I eventually nab one. I guess microdrives haven't held up too well lol!?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            Damn, it wasn't on Amibay and now I can't find it. I've just always wanted a QL, right from when I was at school still. Never even seen a real one but they just look so cool. I'll bear in mind your storage advice when I eventually nab one. I guess microdrives haven't held up too well lol!?
                            They are not as bad as their reputation suggests, infact the samsung export QLs microdrives work perfectly. However the felt crumbles with age in the little cartridges. Having a proper storage really opens up the machine, and provides a way of getting stuff onto them.

Comment

I can’t seem to get the direct link to the image from my iPad but [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] this is for you: http://genuinehuman.tumblr.com/post/...ar-in-a-kimono

Comment

Yay! Jet Jagaaaaaa!

Comment

Working...
                                X