• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
    Here are some ships:

AXELAY SHIP

RAIDEN SHIP

GRADIUS SHIP

I like the ship from Axelay the most. It has three weapons, moves really well, and looks good.

Good thread. Lot's of cool ships, and retro goodness.

I take it you talking about the Axelay ship in the game or on the pal or usa box?

Because the jap artwork of Axelay is just ugly and belongs in the Bad cover thread.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotwings View Post
      I take it you talking about the Axelay ship in the game or on the pal or usa box?

Because the jap artwork of Axelay is just ugly and belongs in the Bad cover thread.
      I actually love the Japanese Axelay box art. Always have, it's powerful and striking imo.

The ship in the game is nice, and we get to see it from two angles, which is cool.

I tend to go for over-the-top artwork. I'm not into minimalist stuff, or things that try to be cool. I just like over-indulgent work, that grabs my attention.

Comment

It's got to be the Thunderforce IV ship after the upgrade. That really kicks arse ! Isn't it called Vasteal or something?

Yakumo

Comment

Always wanted to have the balls to buy something as pointless, kidult, frivolous and downright useless as one of these:

Or, failing that:

Gradius II VIC Viper Model BP-827Z Star FighterMetallic Gradius II model.Length: About 10cm.VIC Viper Model BP-827Z Star Fighter.Limited to 200pcs.

Then I remind myself that I'm old enough to father a teen, have a responsible job, sensible mortgage and that summer holidays are a week long nowadays

One day!

Comment

HOW COOL IS THIS

Airfix kits have come a LONG way

Comment

That is excellent. I'll probably buy one.

Comment

Hate to be boring here but when the R9's got that red and blue circly laser, with the option and missiles in tow, it feels like heaven.

I like the manoeuvrability and sleekness of the Vic Viper much better but R-Type's got the class.

Comment

Teh daddy of shumup ships...

TBH!

Comment

I prefer the octopus from parodius.

Extra points for a ship that wears a pair of knickers on her head LOL, plus the ripple laser looks cool as hell.

Comment

Aww yeahu!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        It's got to be the Thunderforce IV ship after the upgrade. That really kicks arse ! Isn't it called Vasteal or something?

Yakumo
                        Yeah I'm with Yakumo, I really like the TF4 ship. I think it was called the 'Rynex', the TF3 ship was 'Styx', 2 was 'Exelcia'?? and i think 'Vasteel' is actually the name of the technology thats behind the ships in 5. I can't actually remember the individual names of the TF5 ships.

The story in 5 is that humans from earth actually discover the remains of the Rynex long after TF4, (Which it turns out was from an alien culture) and develop the Vasteel technology from what they learn. A bit like Macross.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          What's a 1-UP?
                          LOL.
                          My favourite ship is the wee acrobatic one from Uridium....Which, for a while I thought was a LUP!! due the the dodgy font of 1-UP....and my **** eyesight.

Comment

Another vote for the old R9 and Opa-Opa here.

Comment

Kotaku Quote:
                              Konami's arcade shooter Otomedius—taking the best of Parodius, Gradius, tiny skirts and hefty cleavage—is, unsurprisingly, a great opportunity for the company to cash in on the game's titillating space maidens. From the day it was announced, it's been clear that Konami's arcade division is marketing to the loins of Japanese otaku. That's why news of a pair of Otomedius figures doesn't come as a surprise. What does is that they don't look that good, failing to properly capitalize on the oversexed character designs that will garner the most attention.
                              Still, if you're into this sort of thing, they're shipping in January of next year and run 4,725 yen each. Check with your favorite importer to secure 'em.

Comment

Without a doubt the radiant ship (blue one) from Radiant Silvergun, design and weaponry are superb. Love the design of the main ship which launches the radiant ship too (cant remember the name though).

Comment

Working...
                                X