Super Smash Bros Brawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
    some seem to think Nintendo are filtering out non-Japanese IP's.
    Nooooooooo, I hope not, would it work if I did it through a proxy or something.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
      You want to try around this time, as all the students will be back from Uni.

A quick vid on how to send stages to Nintendo, where to find your friend code and how to enter other peoples codes.0258-9491-3260 is mine, just so you know.

Is my vid explaining the online menus.
      Nice one, cheers kryss, It might have to wait till the weekend though if there all online at this time.
      Last edited by Phar; 06-02-2008, 09:54.

Comment

I just had 5 matches online. Lost every one. I really need to practice more.

Brief video of the controller configuration screen.

Controller config.

A look at the figures and stickers I've collected so far, as well as me trying to get more on the coin shooter.

Coin shooter!
        Last edited by kryss; 06-02-2008, 10:00. Reason: add videos.

Comment

Waiting on this and my Japanese Wii from Play-Asia. It was supposed to be here tomorrow but checked the tracking and apparently it was in Germany then 7 hours later it was back in Hong Kong and won?t be here till Friday.

EDIT: Must have been a mistake with their system, checked again its back down for delivery tomorrow.
          Last edited by Two_Bears; 06-02-2008, 17:05.

Comment

Just tried again to get online with a random battle and still no luck, surely theres got to be a Japanese equivalent of someone whos on the dole, up at all hours playing this. I think Nintendo are definitely blocking me from connecting. If i can't play random battles until UK release i'm going to be well pissed off.

If anyone wants to add my smash bros code it's 081730322533, kryss I've just added yours.

Comment

according to fedex website my copy has been delivered, just need to finish work now....will post up my code when i get home

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Bears View Post
                Waiting on this and my Japanese Wii from Play-Asia. It was supposed to be here tomorrow but checked the tracking and apparently it was in Germany then 7 hours later it was back in Hong Kong and won?t be here till Friday.

EDIT: Must have been a mistake with their system, checked again its back down for delivery tomorrow.
                Let me know how much import tax you get charged Urge to buy Japanese Wii rising...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
                  Just tried again to get online with a random battle and still no luck, surely theres got to be a Japanese equivalent of someone whos on the dole, up at all hours playing this. I think Nintendo are definitely blocking me from connecting. If i can't play random battles until UK release i'm going to be well pissed off.

If anyone wants to add my smash bros code it's 081730322533, kryss I've just added yours.
                  Dude, you were trying to battle someone at like 5am. Not even I'm online then!

I'll add you now.

To send each other maps and photos you HAVE to have both the friend code for the game AND for the console.
                  My wii friend code is 4702 0685 6975 5404.
                  Last edited by kryss; 06-02-2008, 23:47. Reason: my bad english+extra info

Comment

my smash code:

2363 4926 5889

added both Pharfetchd and Kryss

i get the same problem as pharfetchd, cant seem to connect to anyone gives me a 84620 error and i think it gave me 'cant find any other players' once but i didnt read it properly because i was mashing buttons...

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      Dude, you were trying to battle someone at like 5am. Not even I'm online then!
                      lol I'm just impatient, I have tried again this morning before work, 8:50. Still not finding any random battles and like KusoGaki said getting the odd 84620 error code as well which kicks you back to the main screen, I have noticed a new option on wi-fi this morning though which lets you watch random matches and bet money, don't know what I did to unlock that. I'll post my wii code later and add KusoGaki as well.

Comment

My JPN Wii with brawl came today, its waiting for me at home . Bad thing is though I don't have a UK plug or stepdown converter, so going up to my brother's to borrow his. I ordered one off amazon three days ago along with the Wii but it hasn't even shipped.

Originally posted by Brian Topp View Post
                        Let me know how much import tax you get charged Urge to buy Japanese Wii rising...
                        The guy who delivered it didn't even mention the import tax, but stupid me asked him about it and he said "Were you supposed to pay it? sometimes they make mistakes and sent a bill out later." I then asked him not to say anything to them about it and he gave me this funny look. So I'm now expecting a ?40 bill coming through my letterbox tomorrow.

Do couriers normally post a bill or are you usually supposed to pay the delivery man? I've never imported anything through courier before.
                        Last edited by Two_Bears; 07-02-2008, 11:07.

Comment

It's hit and miss really, the first Japanese Wii I bought never got no import tax at all, bought another one recently and DHL sent a letter about 3 weeks later wanting ?33, if after a few weeks you haven't heard anything you've probably got away with it.

Comment

If it was sent by fedex they usually bill you a week later.

Unlocked solid snake last night

One thing that's bugging me though is my copy of smash makes alot of disc churning noise...thought my wii might be already dying but i put in another game and it ran silently like normal... :-/

Comment

Originally posted by KusoGaki View Post
                              One thing that's bugging me though is my copy of smash makes alot of disc churning noise...thought my wii might be already dying but i put in another game and it ran silently like normal... :-/
                              Mines the same, I think it's the first game to come on a dual layer disc though so thats probably why.

Comment

Yeah it's been causing problems with Wiis all over Japan. Nintendo actually issued a release on release day about it saying you had to send your wii in to them if it wouldn't work.

I discovered this morning that you can personalise the taunts, message and picture in your friend list. Highlight and click the bar at the top with your code in it to change stuff. You can add a Mii to it as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X