This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo WiiU : Thread 04

"Our hardware is gaining momentum," Nintendo says about achievement; Super Mario 3D World sells 215,000 copies in eight days.

Let's start the latest WiiU thread regeneration off with some good news for the format. Unlike the Japanese release, the US release of Mario has had a great impact on the format selling 215,000 software units in 8 days and raising hardware sales by 340%

UK Wii U eShop stuffs and price cuts this Thursday, Nano Assault Neo is great on the Wii U, Little Inferno is amusing, I could go on.

(copy and paste from Nintendolife.com)
    Wii U eShop
    Knytt Underground (Ripstone, ?8.99 / ?7.99) ? The work of well-known Indie developer Nifflas, this title makes the jump from various other platforms onto the Wii U. Perhaps unlike any other download game on the system to date, it looks set to be an atmospheric experience that requires exploration and curiosity, as well as manipulation of various abilities ? including a ball form. This also includes extra 'Hype Infinity' content that was previously PC-only; until our review is ready you can check out our extended developer interview in part one and part two.

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts
    Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Black Forest Games, ?12.99 / ?10.00 until 26th December, normally ?14.99 / ?12.99)

Toki Tori 2+ (Two Tribes, ?8.99 / ?7.79 until 2nd January, normally ?14.99 / ?12.99)

Toki Tori (Two Tribes, ?1.99 / ?1.79 until 2nd January, normally ?3.99 / ?3.59)

Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation, ?4.99 / ?4.49 until 2nd January, normally ?9.99 / ?8.99)

Kung Fu Rabbit (Neko Entertainment, ?1.99 / ?1.79 until 2nd January, normally ?4.99 / ?4.49)

Puddle (Neko Entertainment, ?3.99 / ?3.59 until 2nd January, normally ?9.99 / ?8.99)

TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Keen Games, ?4.99 / ?4.49 until 2nd January, normally ?7.99 / ?6.99)

Star Wars Pinball (Zen Studios, ?4.99 / ?3.99 until 2nd January,
    normally ?9.99 / ?7.99)

Zen Pinball 2 Multi-Table Packs (Zen Studios, ?4.99 / ?3.99) until 2nd January, normally ?9.99 / ?7.99)

Zen Pinball 2 Single Table Packs (Zen Studios, ?1.49 / ?1.19) until 2nd January, normally ?2.99 / ?2.39)

Nano Assault Neo (Shin'en Multimedia, ?7.99 / ?6.99) until 5th January, normally ?9.99 (?8.99)

Wii U eShop Conditional Discounts
    Toki Tori 2+ (Two Tribes, ?7.49 / ?6.49 if one of EDGE, RUSH or Toki Tori have been downloaded)

Toki Tori 2+ (Two Tribes, ?5.99 / ?5.19 if two of EDGE, RUSH or Toki Tori have been downloaded)

Toki Tori 2+ (Two Tribes, ?4.49 / ?3.89 if EDGE, RUSH and Toki Tori have been downloaded)

Wii U eShop Demo
    Nano Assault Neo (Shin'en Multimedia, free)

Comment

Meh little inferno and Nano Assault Neo on sale again?? Nintendo's complete lack of understanding of how to create a thriving online marketplace still amazes me.

Its not like they haven't got a massive backlog of games to rely on, where a year in now why is the content still so sparse?? how about some VC discounts or something other than nes and snes games on vc, how about some Gamecube or N64 games we know they run on the wiiu as we have them running on the wii,

anything has to be better than the same few games discounted over and over.

Comment

I can understand why they drip feed VC games, they've got 3 or 4 years to support the Wii U so spacing a AAAA classic out every few months probably gives each enough space to be an event and excite people enough to buy it (Super Mario World, Earthbound, LTTP were all notable, SMB3 will probably be the next big one. Then Super Mario Kart around MK8 and Yoshi's Island around Yarn Yoshi or the 3DS game). Hopefully we'll then see the promised N64/GBA games.

I'm not too sure we'll see Gamecube on VC, the file sizes would be murder to a Basic 8GB Wii U and then I question if people are that bothered about enough Gamecube games. The Wind Waker HD negates that game on VC, if they release Pikmin 1 and 2 it'll probably be an HD version of the "New Play Control" Wii ports so there's another two down. Beyond that there's Luigi's Mansion but I can't imagine Chibi Robo and Viewtiful Joe are things Nintendo see as setting the world alight, Super Mario Sunshine is probably behind Super Mario Galaxy HD on everyone's wish list too.

Comment

There have been VC discounts for the last month, with a different character every week. Donkey Kong just finished the other day.

Got my Christmas Pikmin 3 levels yesterday, looking forward to playing those later on as well as finally starting Mario 3D World.

Comment

Yes for you those character discounts kryss, that offer didn't make it across to the UK sadly.

Lebowski, Nintendo never discount their own first party titles do they? they may get a price cut after a few months and that's about it. I'm not including the 30p offers in that summary.

Comment

Ah, fair enough then.

Comment

I noticed on reddit Nintendo of America where sending out vouchers to selected wiiu users with a "big thanks for supporting us" message, it even had a little pic of Reggie on it was very cool, I've also noticed the American stars cat has a lot more stuff on it including game downloads. And if Nintendo of America where also doing discounts too for the last few weeks I feel like as a uk Nintendo gammer I've been well and truly forgotten about.

Comment

Nintendo of Europe in being sh*t shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                    I noticed on reddit Nintendo of America where sending out vouchers to selected wiiu users with a "big thanks for supporting us" message, it even had a little pic of Reggie on it was very cool, I've also noticed the American stars cat has a lot more stuff on it including game downloads. And if Nintendo of America where also doing discounts too for the last few weeks I feel like as a uk Nintendo gammer I've been well and truly forgotten about.
                    3DS owners in Europe have had free full price download games from several promotions, we've gotten none of that.

There are games downloads in our stars catalogue but there's barely a new one every month, just the same few recycling. Those Mario Kart Trophies? We never got those. Pikmin bits? Nope.

The discounts on VC games were only a few percent. Otherwise the deals we've all had on WiiU stuff has been the same.

Personally, I think there is a balance between regions these days, but it's easy for the grass to look greener elsewhere.

Comment

They better ****ing well send me a voucher. I spent over ?600 on the eShop in less than a year.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

They were mainly vouchers for use in Pizza Hut USA J0e, not store credit or anything. Did see someone got a $40 one.
                        Got a feeling it was a pop-up on the 3DS rather than email, so if you've sold it on you could be stumped either way.

Reggie used to work at Pizza Hut back in the day I believe.
                        Last edited by VR46; 16-12-2013, 16:41.

Comment

WTF? Screw Nintendo man.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

http://nintendoeverything.com/some-c...ut-gift-cards/ nope it was an actual gift card they where sending out not a pop up

Comment

Not Canada I imagine anyway. That's the usual way.

Comment

Working...
                              X