No announcement yet.

HD Loader (PS2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep getting it constantly. It won't copy games either, just hangs at the "checking disc" screen.

So I've resorted to using FAPLink at the moment, which seems to be working (just tried Dodonpachi and that worked fine), but it takes bloody ages, would I be better off sourcing HD Loader instead?

Comment

Someone else had the problem with it hanging.

It could be a fault with the DL'd copy.

Comment

Most probably is down to that as it goes as it is a d/l'ed copy.

Don't like sound of it booting on my PS2 either. Too noisy.

EDIT - Couldn't get Gradius V to work either.
        Last edited by Bleeders; 16-08-2004, 19:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
          I keep getting it constantly. It won't copy games either, just hangs at the "checking disc" screen.

So I've resorted to using FAPLink at the moment, which seems to be working (just tried Dodonpachi and that worked fine), but it takes bloody ages, would I be better off sourcing HD Loader instead?
          FAPLink only sends data to the ps2 at 0.5mb/s, one of the reasons why I gave up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders

Had the exact same problems... got a yarr'd HD Advance over the weekend and it lets me copy *everything* over. It also reads HD Loader partitions so there's no need to format the drive again. One thing to bear in mind though is you have to take out the disc as soon as the splash screen appears (then close the lid again) Give it a go, can't hurt!

Oh... PS - I left your iPod remote at home this morning (mad rush to get to work... woke up late ;p)

Oh, I when I say *everything* I mean DVD and CD games... (AFAIK HD Loader had issues with CD games?) sadly Gradius V doesn't run , or Psyvariar..
            Last edited by Lyrical Donut; 16-08-2004, 22:06.

Comment

FAPLink takes far too long, it's taken me 3 hours to copy 3 games and 1 of those, Gradius doesn't even work.

Gonna give HD Loader and HD Advance a try I think.

Will I need to reformat my drive if I were to use HD Loader, since my drive was formatted using my b0rked copy of HD Advance?

Comment

MG - And lo - the advertising was removed.

Get now no more stock after this batch.
                Last edited by MartyG; 17-08-2004, 14:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Inertia_
                  I've figured out all the bits 'n' bobs required to do custom HDLoaders (i.e. decent alternatives to the butt-ugly menu you normally get). If anyone would like a custom HDLoader done to a particular theme then feel free to ask.
                  Nice work Inertia! The stock HDL menu wasn't too great and the HDA one was horrific.
                  Last edited by katamari; 15-09-2004, 00:05.

Comment

Got my HD Loader set up last night with an 80Gb Maxtor. So far it's working perfectly, although I only transferred one game to see if it works or not. I'm going to dump everything on it over the next few nights and see what problems crop up - so far I'm very impressed with it, for sheer convenience it should be a massive boon.
                    Last edited by charlaph; 14-09-2004, 10:10.

Comment

Folks,
                      Please don't post links to questionable software here and don't talk about downloading pirated software. We do not condone this nor is it acceptable to talk about.

As I understand it Sony has effectively killed off HDLoader in the short term and I don't really want to be dealing with their lawyers [ask the various modchip installers about that and they will tell you how much fun and how expensive it is ]

Neil.

Comment

Also that includes the HDLoader software which as I understand it is copyrighted.

Comment

{Edit by charlesr: Please go elsewhere with your pirate discussion}
                          Last edited by charlesr; 13-09-2004, 06:29.

Comment

Rather strange i seen so many people mention about their downloaded version of hd advance and hd loader and their posts are okay to stay but when i mentioned mine it had to be deleted and a comment had to be left niiiice. mine was just a question about burning to dvd-r or cd nothing major

Comment

Go look up Hypocrisy in the dictionary.

Two examples on this very forum have been the DC release of Ikaruga and the Xbox release of Burnout 3, no doubt to be followed by Outrun 2.

Apparently it's OK to DL these if you have them 'on order' from your fave importer, who incidently doesn't pay VAT or import charges........

(What's my point? Consistency, the Burnout 3 thread has a heap of pirate references)

Comment

Well, I use the cracked version of HDloader to load from the memory card but then I did pay ?19 for the disc as well.

It's good to see there are some workarounds for a few of the problems with HDloader. Maybe I'll get round to finishing all the missions on MGS2 Substance and getting further in Contra now they're on the hard disc. The fix for those with a DMS mod chip and a v10 PS2 is great too.

Comment

Working...
                                X