Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions 1 + 3:

Spoiler explains it all....

You unlock all the extra/old weapons and the EDIT mode after you complete it.

Whether this is a good or bad thing is up to you to decide.
    Last edited by Treble; 27-07-2004, 16:13.

Comment

Lol saur gradami stepping from that shame he died
      That must have pissed him off heh.

I totally love the way he manipulates type 4

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2

2. I get faint whiffs of Slipheed throughout Gradius V (similar cut-scenes, similar silly dialogue - perhaps the same team; (didn`t Treasure help Game arts with Slipheed?)
        I noticed that too, and the similarities are more than subtle, they're positively in your face. Weird thing is, I loved the MCD original of Slipheed (by GameArts), but thought the PS2 sequel (by Treasure) was rather poor.. and I generally love Treasure games.

Comment

Just caned the spider boss without losing a life! He isnt that difficult once you figure out where to place ypur ship in relation to each of the bosse's attacks. Will post a new score up later.
          Last edited by venom743; 27-07-2004, 17:48.

Comment

Would u tell me in the OPTION SCREEN what does REVIVAL START mean?
            It is set to OFF.

And moreover, in the passage in which u destroy the CELLS of the monster in order to pass by and the cells immediately after regenerates themselves, what is the way not to loose any life?

Anyway I'm now in the point:
            In which you have to move the BLOCKS in order to stop the FIRE that comes from the bottom. I think I'm near to the final boss

Snowball

Comment

Review is now online peeps. Feedback in the usual place, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball
                Would u tell me in the OPTION SCREEN what does REVIVAL START mean?
                It is set to OFF.

And moreover, in the passage in which u destroy the CELLS of the monster in order to pass by and the cells immediately after regenerates themselves, what is the way not to loose any life?

Anyway I'm now in the point:
                In which you have to move the BLOCKS in order to stop the FIRE that comes from the bottom. I think I'm near to the final boss

Snowball
                From my review:

Originally posted by Treble
                Thankfully, this version has an option called Revival, whereby your ?Options? remain on the screen for you to collect on your next life. Any power cores you had stocked will revert to the first option (speed) regardless of how far you had progressed along the bar. You can, if you like, remove this option in the config...but that would be foolish, wouldn?t it?
                For some strange reason, "Revivial = off" basically means it's ON

You're a level away I think, Snowball.

Comment

Ok, if i got the point if REVIVAL is OFF and you die after you collected 4 OPTIONS, these OPTIONS will remain on the screen.

A big advantage.

If REVIVAL is ON, you will lose everything.

Is it correct?
                  Thanks
                  Snowball

Comment

Yeah. Well, all apart from any stocked power-ups, which will revert to 'Speed' when you die.

Comment

Really starting to get into this now. Just caned the organic boss, the easiest boss so far IMO.

Comment

Hey Venom - one question about that boss:

Do you attack at all during the electric spiral section or do you concentrate on evasion?

Comment

Saur, there are blind spots during that attack.
                          Depending on the direction of the leftmost pillars, position your ship at the top of the screen or the bottom. So if the pillars are moving up, move to the bottom of the screen and stay there. Switch to the opposite side when the pillars are moving down. DONT attack during this phase.

Comment

HEAVY! Safe for that man - I didnt see it!

Comment

Seriously, theres nothing to this boss. It only has 5 attacks which are easily avoidable as there are a lot of safe spots.

Comment

Just killed the 1st boss before it even started to rotate!

Comment

Working...
                                X