No announcement yet.

Gradius V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nothing really apart from the language change. the packaging art is the same if the korean one is anything to go by, if you can find a chinese site that sells them in hk dollars your obviously going to get it cheaper than the japanese counterpart.

Comment

jus got the game yesterday, and loving it, its nice to have a nice tough shooter, and as much as l like Psyvariar and the likes, there isn't a gimmck to scoring or powerig up, its jus a general blaster your way thru the game....

Comment

Originally posted by MarkyB
        jus got the game yesterday, and loving it, its nice to have a nice tough shooter, and as much as l like Psyvariar and the likes, there isn't a gimmck to scoring or powerig up, its jus a general blaster your way thru the game....
        Actually there's a sort of simple scoring system. In that, if you take out certain enemies, bonus enemies will appear. Some of them require instant kills to make the bonus ones appear. Section one of the 1st stage for example, where the 1st medium sized ship that fires lazers shows up. If you kill that as soon as it appears youll be awarded with loads more enemies. There are a lot more sections like this.

Comment

The stage 2 boss keeps wiping me out - I must have a mental block or something; I can reach him easily with 3 lives intact, then I blow them all on the git :/

Comment

Got this on Saturday and er, aside from the fact that it's an absolute sublime title, it's bloody hard ain't it or am I just crap? I haven't even done the first boss yet.

Comment

the first boss is simple, all you need to do is have four options with lazer have them all in front of your ship aiming at the center. you will destroy him before he even rotates.

Comment

Ah, I see, I've been attempting to take out the additional "ring" lasers then aiming for the core. Will give that a try tonight, thanks.

Comment

I let the first boss go to his second form (spinning ) - you can take out other parts of the structure for more pointage!

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D
                    I let the first boss go to his second form (spinning ) - you can take out other parts of the structure for more pointage!
                    Best to take out all six of those turrets before he starts spinning. If you're quick enough, you can destroy him completely before he begins to rotate

Comment

Does anyone know if there is a cheat, a la Gradius games of the past, to become fully powered up? Reason why I ask is im trying to practice sections of the game, but I am usually fully powered up, but when you use stage select you dont get any power ups >___<;;

Comment

This should sort you out.

It does seem odd that the Stage Select doesn't allow you to choose what weapons and settings you want to practice with. But i suppose if you can do a stage having started with no weapons you should be able to easily do it with a full compliment.

Comment

OMG, I played Gradius V for the first time ever and my copy hasn't even come yet!

As soon as the Gradius V came in I had to put it on demonstration in my shop and it practically stopped all the usual mainstream custies - it really is sooo god damn gorgeous.

Using R1 is really just class especially with the type 2 ship.
                          Fancy blue lasers all over the place!

I also liked type 3 ship as it reminded me of the same ship that was in Thundercross if you guys ever remembered that arcade game...

The only thing I probably would've like is the ability to upgrade laser and double even more like on Gradius Deluxe Pack...

Comment

Phillai, I stumbled across R1 in my last few goes, it moves the game from brilliant to the sublime for me. Im more used to using type 2 now, as opposed to Type 4 as when I started out. Ive also just broken the 300000 barrier, but died on the 4th boss.

Comment

I use Type 4, but it seems to be no good for the spider boss on stage 3 (which I can't get past), so I might try and get used to Type 2 again.

Comment

heh i struggle with this game for some reason probably cos i'm used to psytvariar and the like with some sort of gimmick

I'll get there though

using Type 2, i jus seem to lose way too easily to the 2nd boss everytime ?_? waaa..!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X