No announcement yet.

Richard Burns Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so what sort of times were/are you guys getting for Harwood 1 (the first GB track ?)

Comment

I don't remember off the top of my head, you'll have to check Xbox live. I don't think I'm good enough to TT it yet, I haven't done any of the challenges (I'm about a half-second off the first one)!

Comment

This game is so-unforgiving; couple of questions for you "experts" please;

1. Is there no way to change from KPH to MPH ?
        2. Know you can alter tyre pressures etc but can't find how to change tyre type (if it's poss)
        3. Lastly, when do the stages in Single Rally get unlocked ? I've done the first four stages on Rally Season (on Novice ) and won each one but when I go back to single rally nothing new is unlocked.

Cheers.

PS. Best on Harwood 1 is 4.15.xx (so far .....)

Comment

Check the live tables, I think I've got a 3.5x time (but that's totally from memory ).

1. No, it doesn't really matter 'cos the notes are weighted on grade rather than speed (so to speak) -- i.e. flat-left is as fast as you like, left hander. It is in the manual. It's a feature of the car, anyway
          2. Tyre-type? I'm pretty sure the type can be changed just before a race... you mean race/wet or something else?
          3. They're unlocked as you play. It tells you as you're progressing through, but I don't think you unlock one for each course you do. It is at certain stages in the rally events, iirc.

I'll check later if you're desperate. Somebody else has my RBR, see
          Last edited by Commander Marklar; 04-01-2005, 08:40.

Comment

Thanks for that Jason, will have to look harder for the "change tyre type", don't worry about other answer, sure I'll figure it out when I put some more time in.

David

Comment

Picked this up for a fiver yesterday not knowing what to expect - Bloody hell it's impressive but damn unforgiving.

The Rally School is a tremendous feature - Anybody still play it ?

Comment

Yea, on and off. It's a decent title, well worth the money.

Comment

Maybe mine is not a first impression, but due to to all the posts I've read, I think I should tell you what all RBR is about. First, there's a true sim-engine behind every car and road. There are four independent engines for each corner, so there's no "central physics engine" that implies a continous central axis. Each tyre has the expected behaviour on different surfaces as in real life. The brute force of a 300+HP of a World Rally Car is overwhelming. The torque transferred by 3 independent electronic diffs to the ground is enough to carve a ditch. You can make 60 in 3 secs flat. If you have in your hands a simulation with most of the real bits, you have tough handling stuff. This is the reason why some real-life-rally-drivers (like myself and most of my family and friends) find this sim the next best thing after the real experience. Obviously, as a real rally car, it takes a lot of experience and a lot of "precognition" to drive these cars the way they are intended to. Knowing the way all the systems interact, makes this sim a much better experience, and a radically different one. After a good set-up, you'll always find you're driving a totally different car to the one before the set-up. Maybe that's one of the reasons why so much science and money is poured into making a rally car worth its name!

If you want to try it, I should suggest for anyone interested in one of the most unforgettable days of their lives, go and sign for a weekend rally school (that's if you live in the UK or some other European countries) and see for yourself that Richard Burns Rally is the closest thing ever done in software. Even ruts and potholes distract you from the line as the real thing.

Always drive with pedals and steering wheel and use the views from the interior.

Cheers.

Comment

I get the feeling you worked on the game, is that right?

Comment

Not at all!

Of course not!
                      It's a swedish development by Warthog... a real sim lab! But, no, I'm simply someone who loves rallying and have it in my blood, as my mam and my granny and my dad and my whole family!!!!

Even crashing is sort of a feat!

Comment

Working...
                      X