No announcement yet.

Tales of Symphonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this game is massive, i've been playing ti for 33 hours and i haven't even got of the first disc yet!

Comment

Not been playing this game for like a week now. Hey, does the Coliseum open up at a set part in the game or is there something you need to do? Not using poncy guides so I don't know.

Comment

You will need to do it at some point...

Yeah, the game is massive

Comment

Nearly completed this, up to the bit before the end, when you can choose to go back.

SPOILER

Got all of the darkness weapons AND powered them up, Lloyds looks a bit crap though. They are the best in the game afaik but they get stronger the more enemies you kill I think. Anyway, v.happy about that
          Also got Maxwell to pact with Sheena which was a pretty tough fight (again) haven't used him in a battle yet though...
          Hmm, restored Luin but gave the incorrect amount of money at times I think, so they haven't added extras.
          Got all of the alternate costumes.(which are pretty cool)
          Everything except that 15 level book though, sounds tough

SPOILER

After doing that and completing the game, I think, at most, I will have played for maybe 60 hours MAX, just wondering where they got 80 hours from.
          Must have been some v.slow people as I took my time.
          Anyway, great game, recommend it to anyone, best rpg since SoA in my opinion of course

Comment

Mr Loc, ive done everything u've just mentioned and im on 84hours at the mo

I've almost got 100% items of everything now and about 95% of enimies.

Did you re-build Luin Loc? It was great seeing everything be re-fixed and improved over the 15 payments. Most satisfying indeed.

Looking forward to re-starting and upgrading with some Grade purchases. Loved and still loving every moment of this...
            ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Yeah, it's fully reabuilt but I must have missed a payment and didnt do it in the specific order so they haven't added a statue or something
              Not much but it makes it more complete
              The pirate costume for Lloyd is the best though

Comment

I dont know, Sheena's Dinner party and "WOW!" costumes are pretty sweet

To get the Statues dude, you need to add a couple more payments... they continue to build and improve the city even when it becomes its original size.

Comment

Yeah I tried that, think I gave him and extra 50k but he never did anything more
                  Is WOW a costume?

By the way, that "Peeping Tom" title is funny

Comment

Peeping Tom rules , I just wish it actually gave some kind of stat bonus to warrant it's usage. I've played it for about 55 hours now and I'm absolutely loving it.

I'm doing the luin quest (does it matter that you get the exact payments?) and the underworld quest at the momment and hope to begin a new file soon...

Comment

It must do Sergeant Syphillis, I paid the exact amounts shown as I heard they had to be exact but must have missed a payment out. The town is finished but the extras are not, which is a shame
                      Think there is a list of the prices on gamefaqs, not sure though.
                      Shame about having no bonuses for the funnier/better titles, still though, better that they are there to begin with

Comment

I finished it last night, at 4am. I kept thinking it was just about to end so played a bit more, it just went on and on. I'm quite looking forward to doing some of the extra stuff

Comment

When you finish the game can you start afresh with your enemy log still intact enabling you to scan any monsters/bosses you missed 1st time and have a complete record?

Been playing this loads recently, really getting into it

Comment

Pretty sure you can Bowser123, you have to complete the game twice to have every enemy log I think and three times to get every item for the collecters book.

Comment

When you complete ToS you can buy your records with the Grades currency. A store-like menu appears when you re-start in a new file. Note though, its best to start in a new save file, enabling you to continue to explore the other file. You can buy your playtime. To complete the logs i think you do need to re-play tbh.

Loc, i posted the exact payments for Luin a couple of posts back. Take a look buddy. Its worth it.

I still haven?t done that 15-floor Underworld Book yet dammit. Shall do tonight. My characters own all now though tbh. I defeated the 'hardest boss in the game' (the dude who gets you to collect all the dark weapons) with little trouble at all. At level 69 i defeated the final boss easily enough, now after 20hours or so doing leveling up/upgrading he's going to go down...

I?ve beaten the coliseum a few times, and it pretty cool to see the other characters from the previous Tales games. They owned me the first time. Then I came back a few hours later and showed them who was boss

New stats:

Play Time: 83hours 45minutes
                              Combo: 73
                              Encounters: 1582
                              Level: 81

What are your people's stats now?
                              Last edited by Adam Stone; 12-08-2004, 15:56.

Comment

WHA!?

73 hit Combo!? Lol and I thought my 44 was decent

I had a break from tales for a while and now I'm going through the second time and loving it again

Here my stats as of now...

Play Time: 79:39
                                Combo: 44
                                Encounters: 1438
                                Level: 33

Comment

Working...
                                X