No announcement yet.

Burnout 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone found a place in london that has burnout 3 Xbox?

Gamefocus have the PS-2 version.

Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion
      quick question: the pursuit mode from Burnout 2 - is it still there?

i just hope my copy arrives on time for my Live night on sunday...
      Unfortunately not, but there is a variation on it call Road Rage where you have limited time to take down as many cars as possible.

Comment

YES!

Picking it up from the local store in an hour. Bonus. And for ?34.99.

Comment

Originally posted by The Raeven
          FYI:
          I've played the "Yarrr!"-version about 4 days untill my copy arrived yesterday.
          And all I can say is that the savegame still worked. So I guess it was indeed the AUS version

I think the online mode is superb, though I constantly keep trying to do an aftertouch...
          ...shame there is no aftertouch in the online mode ft:

yup ya spot on, mine arrived from gameplay an hour or so ago, checked it and am using my yarrrr save
          Have now just unlocked all the heavy duty vehicles, including the firetruck - which invoves getting all the crash headlines, was a bit dissapointed when hitting 100,000,000 that there was no secrect unlockable tho.

Online tonight

Comment

Originally posted by 007
            YES!

Picking it up from the local store in an hour. Bonus. And for ?34.99.
            Where?

Comment

Got mine this morning from my local indie and im loving it. The first japanese special stage has to be the fastest ive ever raced in anygame. The sensation of speed with the fastest cars is just immense.

Comment

hi how much is it in your local Game shop? its ?37.99 :S here

anyone please know where i can get some money off vouchers like from a magazine?

please messg cheers

Comment

cex had it and I picked it up and IT FOOKING ROOLS. This is THE Best driving game ever!

Comment

How good Neil? This game flew by me. haven't even been following it. Might not bother getting Riddick and get this instead.

Waz

Comment

Its.....just......so......fast

Comment

ITS UNBELIEVABLE FUN~!

Comment

Originally posted by npg
                          I got the NTSC Xbox version today and I have to say that graphically it looks piss poor compared to Burnout 2. I'm sorely disappointed with the visuals and it's affecting what I think of the gameplay to be honest.

What is with all the aliasing? I had Burnout 2 on the GC and it looked really good compared to this textureless crap.
                          Hmm think u need an eye check mate, the visuals are goregous, definitely better than previous series by a long shot! Is up there with Outrun 2!!!

Comment

agreed

A
                            G E
                            D H T S
                            E G B X R G E
                            A Z D X T H J U Y Y
                            R Z V X B I O D G T H T C F R
                            S A V N T S W D Q W QW Q W G GH

Comment

Textureless crap? Do you really want me to insult you and call you Stefan?

Comment

Ok I am now 96% complete in single player after an assault on crash mode last night, which I have to say is completely simple to get gold in for all but a few levels.

That took me from 70% up to where I am now and I unlocked the World Circuit Racer (F1) car for use along with all the crash mode vehicles and it means I only have 3 more races left in the world tour to finish which are all in the US region.

As well as that I went online last night to find my ranking had dropped from 40 to 520!... so the game is out everywhere now huh!? Anyway the good news is with it set to PAL60 you can indeed play NTSC regions like the US and JPN. I was playing in a mates local server here in Sydney and we had one guy from Canada, one from Florida, one from Leeds in the UK and one from Japan as well... quite a cosmopolitan crowd to be honest!

According to the in-lobby connection speed indicator on the far right they were all fluctuating between 1-2 red bars which is poor speed and yet there was still no lag ingame from what we could tell. Hard to pinpoint whether the game actually hides lag at all but the collision detection appeared fair throughout.

In short, it plays all regions in PAL60 and its still smooth. Oh and to the person who said the NTSC version looks poor on Xbox, are you running it interlaced or 480P? Its just I play on a projector in 480P and it looks amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X