No announcement yet.

Burnout 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamestation have taken ?8 off the price today too, so anyone who bought it yesterday paid "full" price

Comment

It was nearly the same at GAME. They took ?5 off the usual retail price, that coupled with the deposit I put on for the preorder meant I ended up buying the game for a little over ?30.

About to put this in the Xbox now to give it a whirl. I hope it's as good as you guys (and damn near everyone who's played it) are making out.

We'll see soon enough.

Comment

Is anyone else having trouble running this off their HDD?

Comment

nope, my yarr copy works fine from dvd or hdd. ill be wiping it when i get home tho, assuming i can find a copy to buy at toysrus

Comment

NO hdd issues here, runs quite happily just waiting for my VG+order so i can get online and have fun...

Comment

The copy will likely work ok from the HD as it will have been patched when it was ripped, the original will need to be patched.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran
                Is anyone else having trouble running this off their HDD?
                It needs to be patched, afaik.

Comment

My extent of racing games goes as far as Mario Kart

However this game interested me, so much so that i stole my brothers PS2 and bought it.

Only had a little go so far as i have been very busy but what i have see of it i am well impressed.

I can see why its getting such good reviews.

I picked up my copy for a litte under ?20 thanks to games trade 5 games deal 2 games at ?1.97 in the pre owned and 3 at ?4.99

Comment

This game ownz11111!!!!!!!!!1 The sense of speed is amazing! Burnout 3 ownz Burnout 2! It is so satisfying when you manage a skillful boost around a turn and cut inbetween two cars and see your rivals screw up The rivals seem decent too, they can give you a hard time if they like, still they aren't uber. The game seems massive so far, I am hooked! Quite funny that they haven't used licensed cars and yet all the cars look familar..........seen an Evo 8, GTR, Celica, and numerous other lookalikes

Comment

It reminds me a bit of Quantum redshift, with its glossy graphics, and over the top speeds.
                      Went in Game today and had a go on the PS2 version, and it does seem pretty good, but really seems to be pushing the PS2 to its limits, makes me wonder how much more can be done with this console. The Xbox version (understandably so) seemed a whole lot smoother in comparison .

Comment

Woo i got this today from GAME for the princely sum of ?27.99 sans Reward Voucher which just popped through the door. Perfect timing. ?5 off the price.

Going to fire it up on live now! Should i play the single player first before going on Live? Problem is im off to Uni tomorrow so tonights the only time ill get on Live for years.

Comment

Whats up with this on xbl?
                          Actual racing istelf is great, lovely and smooth plus traffic online too which is nice. Yet everytime i finish a race i get disconnected from xbl and i cant update my stats.

Comment

Got my US XBOX copy today.....

I LOVE THIS GAME!

I love the racing,
                            I love the crashes,
                            I love the music!

All this love and I haven't even tried it on Live yet!

Is it really as good as people say???!

Comment

The racing is fantastic on live, they`ve done a great job with the traffic syncing and there no collision detection problems with the cars either. it`s that the ea servers that you have to log onto are ****ed up with you getting booted out of games and getting signed out of live when you finished the race sometimes. Then when i tried signing back into live once it came up with a message saying that there no available slots left in a game i didn`t even try to enter then when i hit y button for my friends list it black screened on me and crashed. I really hope EA get there service sorted out quick before it really starts pissing of people.

Comment

Well, I'd be enjoying this on Live if I could get on it - my missus won't get off it, she's addicted.

Soundtrack ain't bad either IMO - I quite like 18 Visions, Jimmy Eat World etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X