• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope ur talkin about 2049 an not the god awful first 2 :P

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman
      2049(DC ver) is wonderfull jack of all trades, who'd a thought car's with wings and multiplayer stunt mode could be so,so addictive. Thats one game midway did right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran
        Go into "driver details"(options),go to sound then EA Trax, then you can go through the different albums on your xbox. (I can't remember exactly but its similar to that)
        Give me a slap if this has already been mentioned...but does anyone else find they have to do this every time they boot up the game? For some reason it seems incapable of remembering my custom soundtrack settings, even though I specifically save the profile after making the changes. All else is saved fine, but the soundtrack defaults back to the licensed pap next time I fire up the game.

Comment

Yep you have to do it every time you boot...
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman
            Nope, I was talking about the first one, on the N64. I liked 2049 on the DC too but it`s not as much fun as the first game. I thought it was crap at first but once you start having a laugh it just becomes so much fun. Honestly

Comment

I also agree about the apparent lack of challenge, Crash events are ridiculously easy, most I get gold on first time, the rest within a few goes.
              It's funny this should be mentioned again; it's about the same difficulty as the other two titles, with BO2 being the 'easiest' of the three. They're just highly replayable...

I certainly remember breezing through the crash junctions on BO2 and I've even completed the survival events in BO without pulling my hair out. Thanks, scripted traffic

Comment

thanks for the help guys i have managed to change my soundtrack as well and yes your right you have to do it every time you reboot (how annoying).

Comment

I've had no problems getting all golds on the 100 crash events, normally by $400,000 -$500,000. I remember in B02 having trouble scraping a gold in some crash events.

Comment

As far as I remember Burnout 2 only had one challanging junction, the airport one with the buses (number 3?). Even then, if you were lucky you could get close to 100 million.

I think the junctions are now more about skill than before. In BO2 you just had to avoid the traffic until the junction, and then hit some random car. In BO3 you are given a particular goal, a specific thing to aim for, so you need to adjust your run up just for this. Results in multiplayer games are either a complete flop or extremely close -rather than the varied (and random) scores from BO2.

Nearly 50% complete now, still enjoying it

Comment

It wasn't about just getting gold in the B2 crash junctions though, it was figuring out how to maximise your score. And that involved just more than crashing into the junction. Timing, angles and what vehicle to go for to cause max chaos.

In B3, if you don't get the x4 multiplier, you might as well forget it and a lot of the time that dictates whereabouts you'll be and what you'll hit.
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Super Dominator car is amazing
                        Love this game, never thought it'd be better than 2 though.
                        btw, press the black button on the right of the pad to skip tracks (mate just found it out before)

Comment

Anyone having probs with the last 2 GP's? Use of F1 cars, bloody hard as nails,,, no longer can you edge around the walls and boost, it slows you down and spins you out, lol - AI of the cpus are cheap and relentless, plus the fact that the boost doesnt really help you dat much tbh, so lessen the boost for stabilty methinks, this is gonna be a very tight and intense nut to crack,,,,,

Comment

MUNGEN PIE - Lap time - 00:00:005 - Dominator Super - US
                            This is the new snaking tbfh!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                              It wasn't about just getting gold in the B2 crash junctions though, it was figuring out how to maximise your score. And that involved just more than crashing into the junction. Timing, angles and what vehicle to go for to cause max chaos.
                              Yet, a lot of the time, maximising a score was based purely on luck once the crash took affect. You could do the same run ten times and score wildly different scores even though your run was nigh on identical.

In B3, if you don't get the x4 multiplier, you might as well forget it and a lot of the time that dictates whereabouts you'll be and what you'll hit.
                              That's not true. There are plenty of junctions later in the game (Leap of Faith springs to mind) where there are multiple solutions to solving a junction. The same Burnout physics are present and it isn't necessary to get x4 to complete a junction, nor is it necessary to get the crash headline. Although, you can combine both to produce amazing results -- grabbing all the bonuses AND applying the same timing, angles, etc... to running a junction, as you mentioned for BO2.

And then there is aftertouch, eliminating nearly all of the "luck" from crash elements. Secret bonuses too, such as exploding tankers? Oh yes... BO3 pwns BO2's crash junctions anyday

Comment

Leap Of Faith! The jump's a red herring, I tells ya!

I wonder why they massively reduced the scores-per-vehicle in crash mode? BO3's crashes are hugely impressive if you score anything near $2million, whereas in BO2 (without bonuses or aftertouch) you could rack up $70million on a couple of levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X