Street Fighter III 3rd Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just getting the vid now.

I love 3rd Strike, despite being utter **** at it - it's so pwetty to look at & the characters are aces. If only I could stop using Gouki cheapness, I might get good at it

EDIT - just watched the vid - what a finish! The reaction of the crowd is fantastic too.
    Last edited by Geoff D; 05-08-2004, 10:13.

Comment

o_O at crowd's reaction.
      That super is relatively easy to parry at that distance. The chun player made a big mistake doing that. Instantly gave away his/her upper hand. What WAS stylish tho was how he jumped to parry at the end to get a nice flying kick in after the last hit.

Comment

The reaction of the crowd is fantastic too.
        That's why I miss the arcades so much - it used to be like that at the tournaments in London. Infact any Saturday session was always superb T_T

Comment

That Daigo video was amazing!

1)he had zero life
          2) he had to parry Chunli's Super Art
          3) he jumped into the air for the last Super Art attack to parry it (didnt know you could do that!)
          4) MK , to MK sweep to DP cancel into SA3!

THE BEAST!
          Last edited by jassi singh; 05-08-2004, 12:50.

Comment

I have not gone for the PS2 edition of 3rd Strike (waiting for the xbox release) but just have to say that the video was amazing - what a comeback by Daigo.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen anyone parry like that - until now.

Comment

I can't view this file for some reason but its gotta be the same ken vs chunLi I've already seen.

Ken's been taking sucessive damage but recovers with a few nice attacks, he knows Chun Li's super art is coming cos his energy is next to nothing, stands there watching while chun li failes a few Super Art attempts (cant get the move out) when she finally delivers it Ken's already planning his victory pose. HA!!

Comment

My head almost caved in by the end of that video :/

Outstanding

Comment

We've just had this in on the Xbox and a lot have backgrounds have some really nasty tearing that really puts you off

Hopefully it'll be sorted out by the time we get review code...

Comment

Hahahaha

Xbox sucks nads again!

I know this is early code Strider but are you aware if Hyper Street Fighter and Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike does both have Xbox Live options on them or not?

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
                        Hahahaha

Xbox sucks nads again!

I know this is early code Strider but are you aware if Hyper Street Fighter and Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike does both have Xbox Live options on them or not?
                        It's all live according to our Xbox mag (only saw third strike.)

Comment

@ Strider

Is the rest of the game cool though? and "review code"?, is this really coming out in September then?

Comment

I'm not sure about September, but it's definately due by the end of the year. The game plays fine and all, but the tearing is very distracting.

Comment

What is this 'tearing'?

Comment

Right, been absolutely been caining SF3 TS PS2 for the past week. Just trying combo's out in practice mode etc, then running to my mates house, playing him...noting down any of his strats i find annoyin...run back home, learn to parry his moves...go back and cain him

Pretty much have gotten all the characters down apart from Q, Twelve and Ibuki (find it useless playing her against a ken or ryu for example).

Anyway, been playing this game on a ps2 pad...i know i know. Tried to use a DC stick on the DC version...was absolutely useless. Tried the Sc2 Stick on the ps2 version and i was pants again. Dont know if any of you felt this when trying to move from a pad to a Stick...i have to actually "think" what i want to do ...on a pad i just do it instinctively. Ill keep at it, as im sure i will eventually get used to them again.

Just out of interest, who has played who, here on the forum? and most importantly, who won?

Comment

Working...
                                X