No announcement yet.

Rainbox Six Three - Black Arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one thing that is lame in a couplke of the game modes is that you can easily spawn camp

Comment

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'll search then join a game, I'll get a waiting for server response, then a freeze frame of the people running around the level with no hud, then a circle loading counter, and finally disconnected from Live and sent back to the main menu.

Is it just me experiencing this? Same thing with trying to join friends games. The worst thing? It seems totally random. I'll try one game 5 times, on time 6 I'll get in. Another time I'm in first time, another time I won't ever get in.

Comment

Holy **** this is bugged beyond belief. Check out the problems:

Comment

Matt yes I'm experiencing it.

Comment

Have to say I'm gutted that the people who buy it on release seem they're being used to Beta test this game/Xbox Live 3.0 (delete as appropriate for where you think the problem is).

Comment

Just had a quick bash on it tried to join 3 games, loaded up each one then came up with server full. At least the first had the decentcy to tell you the server was full before loading up the level. Had a few games on retrieval and as it stands at the moment it`s a load of crap. Spawn get shot, spawn get shot. Spawn get grenaded and theres nothing you can do about it. I`m sure this mode will be pretty good if they sort out the spawn camping problems. As for the new levels, tried a couple and they don`t seem to bad but like the 1st r6 you need to play them abit to get used to them.

Comment

Got my copy from play this morning and just started the campign mode, for some reason i just could not get into RS3 online at all - probably because i was crap!. The new online modes look interesting and i can see myself getting more into the game this time. Any of you guys fancy a game sometime add me down (fellow unskilled players we can help each other )

Comment

I had my first games last night and thought the additions from the old gmae were very good. I had a nice Retrieval session, and there wasn't mush spawn camping going on (the level's naem had Rocket in it, can't remember exactly).

I'll be on this evening if anyone's around.

Comment

Spawn camping is really ****, but the new modes here offer tons of opportunity for it. Thankfully, I'll only be playing with people on my friends list rather than strangers, who understand that camping is a complete no-no.

And I love Total Conquest. Had some brilliant games of that last night (including one where it came down to half a second before the opposition won and yet we still turned it around), so that'll be my pick for a long while yet. Not so sure about Retrevial though... bit tit-for-tat if you ask me.

Comment

The milan level on capture the tank is +ace+ fun!

Comment

Totally agree on total conquest, best new addition new black arrow imo. We were having some excellent matches on boat and garage and was going down to the wire most times. I highly recommend garage map for this mode to start of with, you will love it.

Comment

Originally posted by martTM
                          Spawn camping is really ****, but the new modes here offer tons of opportunity for it. Thankfully, I'll only be playing with people on my friends list rather than strangers, who understand that camping is a complete no-no.
                          That's what the key is. However, I'm noticing that on some maps it's so easy that temptation is not beyond even friends. Little do you know Mart, but after you left last night we had to KICK Mikee off the server mid game! On Conquest mode at the Airport he just knelt down by our spawn and picked Steve and I off every few seconds as soon as we appeared. Over and over. BOOT! No manners, that boy. I agree with the general consensus over at the R6 forum: we need to be invulnerable for five seconds or so immediately after spawning. That'd sort it out. Until that patch... kick, kick, KICK!

Originally posted by martTM
                          And I love Total Conquest. Had some brilliant games of that last night (including one where it came down to half a second before the opposition won and yet we still turned it around), so that'll be my pick for a long while yet. Not so sure about Retrevial though... bit tit-for-tat if you ask me.
                          That's just because we pwned you at Retrieval.

No really, it was great fun. Hope to see you more over the weekend if you're not playing footstool for the missus again.

By the way Matt and others, not experiencing any of this server trouble you guys have been getting. At the end of the night we'd been playing for eight hours and, apart from PCBC's server folding once, we didn't have any bother connecting repeatedly. During one Conquest game I was killed right under the satellite tripod, though, and for the rest of that match I could only lie there and chat to anyone who died for the five seconds until they respawned; I was not allowed to respawn. Freaky!
                          Last edited by the shape; 20-08-2004, 14:06.

Comment

Argh what the... i have been playing for about 3 hours and then mid game (i think it was team survival) it reset and now when i look at my stats it says like i have over 1000 kills wtf?. My friend has had his stats reset during play but not this, have to email ubi and see if they know about this bug.

<annoyed>
                            Last edited by VoyagerFX; 20-08-2004, 17:09.

Comment

1000 kills on your stats for free? Where's the problem? Sounds like a good bug to me.

We had some techie bugs last night like that, but all temporary. Some people's stats were "reset" (of course they weren't really reset, just weren't retrieved for that session) and two of us had a bit of a terrifying moment when our entire friends lists seemed to be erased. When that happened I just hit X, signed out then back in, and my Friends list was restored.

EDIT: I see from your earlier post that you weren't too into Rainbow Six 3 before... you wouldn't by any chance be reading your ELO score as number of kills, would you? That begins at 1000 and goes up or down depending on your performance.
                              Last edited by the shape; 20-08-2004, 16:17.

Comment

been playin it for half an hour in single player and really enjoyed the first level, am waitin for my m8 to come round in a bit before tryin anymore of it was I'd rather play in co-op

Did notice a glitch on the stairway goin down to the train tracks, one of my team managed to get himself stuck on the otherside of the railing so was floating in mid air and it took me about 10 mins to manage to manipulate the team orders to be able to get him down the (wrong side of the) stairs.

I do think the simplified mechanics of the game work alot better than the early R6 titles but then I could never get into all the mission planning at the start, jus all way over my head.

Comment

Working...
                                X