No announcement yet.

Mario Tennis GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah its the defensive side that I find annoying, where I just wanna hit the "lob button" there isn't one. Attacking it's fantastic and fun...

They serve...
    I drop shot straight back to them...
    They run and just about make it, cue me at the net...
    Lobbed, every time. It always works unless the skill level is up.

I learnt it from Shy Guy doing it to me repeatedly.

It still doesn't make sense from a logical point of view though, why make X & Y do the same as A & B, why bother with the combo?

Comment

Its all about koopa troopa you can't mess with his speed in this game, hes great.

Comment

Does anyone else think the "super move" animations sometimes ruin a match partially? I know you can turn them off but what it needs is a "low-graphics" version where you just see it happen real time so to speak. It doesn't really take away that much but after a while of seeing Yoshi (my chosen character always) do that stupid constipated jump and moan a hundred times it gets a bit old fast.

Koopa is indeed fast, and quite humerous. Poor little chap only ever manages to do his defensive super move on me, I hammer the ****e outta the little bugger.

I can only imagine the longevity this game has. I haven't even played a doubles match yet, just the two types of tournament and the paint mini game mode thing. To be honest the paint one I felt was a bit crap, but the main game is great. I much prefer straight tennis to the strange courts too.

Comment

I just had a 2 hour session with a friend. I must say the game is better value as a 2 player than a single player. Top Spin, for a single player, is superior, as matches seem to have more variety. In Mario Tennis it is just a question of learning the pattern of the characters in order to beat them, not you out-thinking the opponent. I feel you are limited in what you are able to throw at the comp, esp if you are up against a high level one, you have to stick with the technique that applies to that character in order to beat it, not much room to improvise.

2 player just shows you exactly how many things you CAN do with the ball effectively. Tonight I must have used every single shot combo possible,, it really is quite thrilling to play matches where you can be as creative as you want, and where your creativeness pays off. I guess that is same in all 2 player games when compared with their 1 player version. I just feel that Mario Tennis could have done with less rigid/predicatble A.I

Comment

I've found the first dissapointment within the game now, you can't do a two player tournament. We wanted to do doubles tournaments or singles tournaments where we have to face each other, but alas, you cannot.

That said, the multiplayer is an absolutely brilliant way to lose a few hours, Every time it was P1 & P2 vs P3 & CPU, the player playing with the CPU was shouting at the CPU one shot, then praising them the next shot. We all did it in turn, first me on my own, then P2, then P3. SUCH fun to be had.

The gimmick courses are sometimes far too mental but that just makes it even funnier. Is there a set way you can use the items, or do they just use them when you hit them? You really need to concentrate during those modes.

That said, I was really disappointed at lack of multiplayer tournaments. Some of the most fun in arcadey games has been had that way, ie Fifa games going through a tournament together.

Comment

Working...
            X