Metroid Prime 2 Echoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes mate.

The Dark Sky Temple gives you clues to where the 9 keys will be, but seriously I didnt find them that helpful. I found the best thing to do was just play through all the areas with the Dark Visor on. And switch between normal and dark visor and you'll come good. If you do the same in the light world, the neon lit highlights of objects can sometimes be seen through the Dark Visor. Go to that room in the dark world and you'll find the keys - the neon edged object will then be bright red in your dark visor..

Also, in the light world, the rooms with fallen Luminoth in are good rooms to search. In the dark version of those rooms will hold the keys.

I also found at least one key in the light world (I am sure of it) too.

Comment

Nah they're all in the dark. Two in each temple (of which I actually got the two in the third temple as I went along completing it) and three in the temple grounds.
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Got the last item last night, hiding itself in some where stupidly easy to find (as they always are - looking TOO hard in the end) so I am on 100% items. Then it was boss time.

Only had time for a couple of goes, but hes ok. I goto his 3rd form, where you have to shoot his heart, and I ran out of dark/light ammo which didn't help. And I lost a load of health on the shell 2nd section where you have to blow the parts up. I was running around for ages, missiling them.. DUH!! Then I had a more-indepth read in the inventory screen and it said I could attach myself to him.. Handy. I also used a load of light ammo shooting his tentacles in his first form. Seemed easier than trying to lock on missiles etc.

Not sure if more death is coming after the 3rd form, I imagine so (and don't wanna know thanks ), but its great fun. Oh games with bosses, can't beat em.

Comment

Im trying to find the

sky temple keys

and have to say this is the least enjoyable part of the game so far, I just cant see any real point to it other than to drag the game out. Its a shame, as everything else has been very enjoyable, but chancing across keys isnt my idea of fun. Im tempted to use an FAQ to clear this bit, as Im tired of wandering across the same areas time after time in the hope of stumbling across one of the keys. I think I have 4, but I cant remember which areas I found them in which makes it even worse.

Comment

Want a hand Marcus? I can remember a few of names of rooms.. Or know the name once I have view it on the map. Might help you out a bit mate.

Comment

Thats ok, GameFAQs is my friend. For the first time so far I should add

Comment

Finding the keys isn't down to chance though - there are clues detailing exactly what rooms they're in.

Comment

Dont use Gamefaqs Marcus bruv! - The clues are to where each of the dead Luminoth warriors are, the clues lead you to the Light World location of eeach body - you need to visit the Dark version of those places and the keys will be there.

It's not a big task man! Remember you can teleport from reactors and the main temple.
                  Last edited by Saurian; 15-12-2004, 14:15.

Comment

Ive found a sky temple key in dark battleground, but cant see how to get to it. Using the

dark visor

i can see 4 floating moving platforms, however I am not able to jump onto any as I cant quite jump high enough to make the platform, even using ledges. Anyone remember how they got this?

Comment

NM, managed it.

Comment

I know which one you meant here Marcus, you forgot about the higher door, right?
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Emp Ing is really starting to piss me off. The 3rd form, with his twaty laser attacks and stomps, and me with YET AGAIN RETRO no fooking light/dark ammo. Why did you add this to the game? Idiots..

Grrr. His heart changes colour from orange to dark to light, and presumably you need to opposite for when its dark and light, and orange is normal attack right? Well nothing much is making a dent, but I am going through light/dark ammo at a stupid, stupid rate..

Comment

I tried to preserve light ammo while fighting his first form. Using missiles mostly, fairly time consuming. In his final form, attack with charged beam or super missile when he's neautral , charged light when he's dark, and just spam single dark shots when he's light. I could never do anything with the charged dark shot. Maybe that's just me.

Comment

dc-arena:

don't use any dark/light ammo on the first form, just use missiles and don't worry if you take a lot of damage. When fighting the second form use power bombs as they can destroy upto 3 holes at once. It is possible to fully replenish your energy/missiles on the second form by being patient and killing lots of ing before destroying the final hole. The third form is a lot easier when all energy/ammo reserves are full.

Comment

Cheers, I'll try that!

Did seem to take forver to get the tenticles using missiles though.. I'll give it a go!

Comment

Working...
                                X