No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've completed it a few times, both on normal and on hard, but have missed playing it since selling my Cube some 12 months ago. As one my favourite games ever made I'm quite excited about playing it again.

Comment

You should give the PS2 version a try if you get the opportunity. It's got a great side story with Ada, that fills out a few little plot details. Great stuff.

Comment

I've heard good things about the Playstation extra content but it's unlikely I'll get the opportunity to play it as I don't know anyone with a PS2 anymore - they all jumped ship to Microsoft shortly when the 360 was released.

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed re-playing through this again. Was every bit as good as I remember and now has me very excited about the forthcoming Resident Evil 5 on the 360.

<gloat> Click for my stats on Professional:</gloat>

To be honest that picture's slightly misleading as I actually died say half a dozen times but reloaded my save point each time.

Comment

Well done, that's a very respectable time as well.

Comment

I'm going back through it again on Pro mode with no weapons carried over from the first game. One shot to a zombie's head, kick it down, then knife several times in the back, works a treat for ammo saving !

Comment

I'm still on my first playthrough of this, and I have to say I wasn't finding it that great for a while. It's only once I completed the castle section of the game (god, that really dragged on) that I have started to enjoy it.

I can see why a lot of people think this is the best game in the series yet, however I still find myself preferring the previous games in the series, especially RE/RE0 on the Gamecube.

Comment

I absolutely adore this game. Essentially because it opened a new window for me to enter the Resident Evil series. I loved the originals, but just couldn't get around the control system - I just hope the rest of the series follow suit on from Resident Evil 4.

My favourite part of the game had to be the village section and the boss battle on the lake, quality fun! Loved every minute of that.

Comment

I have so many fave parts, but one that stands out is...

Oh god those archers and cultists are really annoying, there's bloody loads of them all over the various levels of this huge statue. Ah phew I've cleared the room, time to leave down this inexorably long hall directly in front of it....What's that?! Oh **** it's moving, I knew it would!

That and the whole thing with showing Right Hand his arse!
                    Superb game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
                      I'm still on my first playthrough of this, and I have to say I wasn't finding it that great for a while. It's only once I completed the castle section of the game (god, that really dragged on) that I have started to enjoy it.

I can see why a lot of people think this is the best game in the series yet, however I still find myself preferring the previous games in the series, especially RE/RE0 on the Gamecube.
                      I'm half and half.

I love RE4 to bits, it's the clear logical progression for the genre and certainly the direction it needs to head.

But at the same time, a part of me still prefers the old games. They'll have a special part in me that would never get replaced.

imo if they mix RE4's general system with the atmosphere and tension of the old games, that'd be the best game ever in my mind without a doubt.

Still, love RE4 all the same, it's what dragged me back into gaming.

Comment

I feel the village section is the best too because something about it somehow feels very authentic, especially the people carrying pitch forks, The scariest part for me was the castle and the incessant chanting. That sound really ****s me up.

Comment

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the castle?
                          Spoilers obv...

The Sewers.
                          The HIVE!
                          Garrador!
                          Right Hand.
                          The Moving Statue!
                          The Maze.
                          The Fight by the Clock Tower?
                          Ada.
                          Louis demise!
                          The (beautiful) Lava room.
                          Suits of Amour!
                          Sniping (Always fun).

In fact the only thing I didn't like about the castle was that bloody sliding block puzzle that you have to do with Ashley. purely because I'm useless at the bloody things, always have been!

Comment

Whenever I play Resident Evil 4 on my Wii, I complete the village section (chapter 1 & 2) then start over again. I really didn't enjoy the island (chapter 5) and the castle, whilst chucking set-piece after set-piece at you, it just didn't feel as fresh or exciting as the village.

I think I have only completed the game once whereas I played through the village at least 10 times.

Still, it is a good game.

Comment

I never really clicked with the village until the boss battle at the lake. After that the game just took off.
                              I think it's because the controls/content were changed so much from previous games it took me a while to "get" it. Thus the village to me was always a training ground.
                              The part I found better than the village for sheer shooty villager action was when you're down in the mine, and you get wave after wave of villagers, chainsaw dudes/dudettes. Such great fun destroying them with one shot from the upgraded handgun. Previous pain in the ass enemies become simple cannon fodder.

Comment

yeh its like with that blind blade wielding thing i find it such a pain (especially when you fight the two at once)

but second playthrough with a decent selection of upgraded weapons it felt good to beat it so easily

Comment

Working...
                                X