Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you

Comment

loved resi evil 4 preffered it to 5 because i liked the setting more .The collecting treasure felt alot more detailed (especially with combining things to increase value) and getting bigger attach cases so item juggling was not as big a pain

Comment

5 was gash, typical lazy capcom trying to gain past success with a shortened, worse game with lots missing and little added.

Comment

I still think the main problem with 5 was that they tried to make a full blown action game but they didnt have the controls for it, it was quite fiddly to play.

Also while it was alot of fun in Co Op I didnt think it was that well done and of course the A.I. partner was usless in single player.

Comment

The only time i truly enjoyed 5 was going through it on professional with a mate

Single player was gash due to the AI, plus i didn't like the african setting

I think they needlessly tried to appeal more to "western" gamers with 5 and looked to Gears Of War as a direct example of the type of experience they want

Comment

It's pretty amazing to think how influential Resi 4 has been, when you consider that Gears of War's camera and control system was influenced by it, and that game more or less invented a genre (which we've now all had time to get sick of).

And Dead Space is basically RE4's gameplay system, polished and calibrated for faster action.

Now the series finds itself again without a clear direction, as Dead Space has grabbed the "Resi as an action game" initiative and run with it. Meanwhile RE5 has dithered about, and compared poorly to other 3rd-person shooters.

I suspect the series will need to reinstate some of the classic survival-horror feel in order to set itself apart again. And that seems to be what Capcom is doing with the new one on DS, at least based on first appearances.
              Last edited by Tig; 20-03-2011, 21:27.

Comment

What happened to the PSP version mentioned several e3's ago? Canned?

Comment

Yerp.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                    It really is that bad, it has many parts that are broken to the point of being unplayable.
                    I wouldn’t call Survivor broken. I played through at launch and didn’t encounter any problems. That’s not to say I wasn’t disappointed, but there’s worse games out there. Plus I actually quite liked the story. ;p

how could you possibley draw parallels with the changes made for RE4?
                    Survivor’s more action based. Lots more shooting, lots more enemies to kill, no puzzles, so it’s a good precursor to Resi 4.

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                    I love resi 4, but it sure as hell isn't Resident Evil.

Return to the resis of olde please! Lack of ammo, scares, tactically deciding when to fight or flee... Couldn't agree more with Sketz!

Resident Evil 4 was an amazing game, it just wasn't Resident Evil! Sure you can say the genre needs to evolve, but it didn't evolve, it abandoned the genre completely and switched to an action adventure!
                    My thoughts exactly. It felt more like Leon Kennedy and the Temple of Doom. ;p

The structure of the game is pretty much exactly the same as every other RE game
                    I honestly can’t tell if you’re trolling or not. : o

When in the first four Resi’s were you riding a minecart around shooting dynamite out of zombies hands, Goldeneye style, while doing QTE‘s?

It‘s got more in common with Survivor than classic Resi. ;p

Edit:

Originally posted by Tig View Post
                    I suspect the series will need to reinstate some of the classic survival-horror feel in order to set itself apart again. And that seems to be what Capcom is doing with the new one on DS, at least based on first appearances.
                    First I’ve heard of this. Checked out a few videos and it just looks like Resi 5 with first person controls. :/

As for returning to classic survival horror, they’ve gone with the crowd and now the Resi games aren’t selling as well. Seems logically to remake the series over, but it's more likely heading the way of Silent Hill.
                    Last edited by Kit; 21-03-2011, 17:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      I wouldn’t call Survivor broken. I played through at launch and didn’t encounter any problems. That’s not to say I wasn’t disappointed, but there’s worse games out there. Plus I actually quite liked the story. ;p

Survivor’s more action based. Lots more shooting, lots more enemies to kill, no puzzles, so it’s a good precursor to Resi 4.

My thoughts exactly. It felt more like Leon Kennedy and the Temple of Doom. ;p

I honestly can’t tell if you’re trolling or not. : o

When in the first four Resi’s were you riding a minecart around shooting dynamite out of zombies hands, Goldeneye style, while doing QTE‘s?

It‘s got more in common with Survivor than classic Resi. ;p
                      For a start dont acuse someone of trolling when you dont even understand what they are talking about...

Anyway I said structure, a mine cart action sequence is nothing to do with the structure and pacing. And youre wrong anyway, for instance the end of RE 2 has you riding on an underground tram car, which is a bit like a large mine cart . A giant monster then smashes through the walls and you have to shoot it, which is more spectacular and actiony than the sequence you mentioned in RE4, only in RE4 it finishes with a pointless QTE, but thats pretty much just like watching the end of the sequence (which is what you do in RE2). I dont really consider QTE's somthing that makes a game more actiony, they usualy ruin the action in cut scenes and slow things down if anything.

Some people dont seem to realise that the old games still had plenty of action packed set peices, RE4 wasnt a massive leap in terms of action actualy, while there is a bit more its mainly the change in camera and the fact that you can no longer simply run from most enemies that effects the way you view situations in the game. RE5 is much more of an action game than 4 is in many ways.

To be honest I would think that calling Survivor a precursor to RE4 is more like trolling than anything I have said, regardless though its certainly one of the funniest things Ive read on here for a while so i'll let you off, even if you were not trying to be funny.

Also, just out of curiosity, when do you shoot dynamite out of peoples hands in Goldeneye?
                      Last edited by rmoxon; 21-03-2011, 18:05.

Comment

Some people dont seem to realise...
                        It's not what you do, but how you do it...

Comment

.....Eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                            First I’ve heard of this. Checked out a few videos and it just looks like Resi 5 with first person controls. :/
                            hmm, yeah... that's probably what it will turn out to be. :/

I just noticed that it looks a bit more claustrophobic than RE4/5, and appears to lack huge hordes of enemies. (Revelations, not Mercenaries)

Comment

Also, just out of curiosity, when do you shoot dynamite out of peoples hands in Goldeneye?
                              I think he meant guns

Comment

When do you shoot guns out of peoples hands in RE4?

Comment

Working...
                                X