No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo' Taurus, you might wanna stick some of your post in spoiler quotes fella.

Just saving your from a flaming is all.

Comment

No Chainsaw man for me yet either but I'm only up to just past the first salesman.

When I got the village first time I snuck up to the right, up the small lane by the cow shed and just took everyone out as they came up for me. Then legged it across to one of the houses and finished the last few off as they came in. Phew...

Anyone found a use for the eggs yet..? I picked up a brown one and a white one in separate attempts. Tried to make a fried egg sarnie in one of the kitchens but got a 'There is no Tommy K in here...' msg.*

If they have some uber significance then spoiler the answer out pls.

I'm looking fwd to playing more later...

*This may be a slight fabrication.

Comment

****ing nora. This game is immense. I'm only eight hours in so far, but I'm loving it for the most part. Still think the controls could have benefit from a strafing option, but apart from that, lovely, lovely stuff.

Capcom appear to have listened to many criticisms and remedied a lot of what was wrong. The pacing, and the sense of atmosphere is overwhelmingly fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Len
          Anyone found a use for the eggs yet..? I picked up a brown one and a white one in separate attempts
          You eat them, they are health. You can also get fish as well. Try doing a "use" on them... Gold one is rare and restores full health, so save it

Comment

@Cocept. Definitley, for the first hour or so i kept trying to play like the old resi's even expecting auto aim, but once you relearn it i found it super smooth. Kept trying to strafe too but once i got it through my thick skull i couldn't i was fine.

Graphically i've been stunned throughout, really like the 'washed out' look (silent hill?) but the textures and lighting are top notch, the spot effects too (mmm flames) are fantastic...
            Last edited by Scythe; 18-01-2005, 10:36.

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
              I've got a bomber jacket EXACTLY the same as Leon's - my hair ain't quite there tho. 8)
              Those zombie F**ks stole his jacket when he got caught! - anyhow I see one of them tramps wearing my tings later on in the game they are taking The Kennedy Variation 5 Crippler into lv3 Dangerous Death Valley Driver!

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if Capcom put a touch like that in. I've already been called a pervert by Ashley when I looked up expecting her to climb down a ladder, just after meeting her.

Scythe - The nighttime and rain scenes look as impressive as in the trailers. Unbelievable for this generation - I was well and truly blown apart.

Comment

After all the hype i actually think this game is better than i expected, i don't think you could say any higher praise than that really...

Comment

I think the fact that like ICO, transference from area to area is relatively seamless, also plays a big factor. Accessing menus, and loading in general is extremely smooth - you're rarely broken away from the sense of being there.

Comment

This is incredible, it really is...

The atmosphere is stunning, it plays amazingly well and it's genuinely intense. Capcom have done an awesome job!

Can't wait to read the "Well it's excellent, but it's still a sequel so it only gets an 8" from Edge et al

Comment

I for one couldn't give a toss what Edge give it, the important thing is we're all enjoying it.

That for me, speaks more volume than any print publication.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                          Those zombie F**ks stole his jacket when he got caught! - anyhow I see one of them tramps wearing my tings later on in the game they are taking The Kennedy Variation 5 Crippler into lv3 Dangerous Death Valley Driver!
                          I've heard you can do throws, but i have no idea how? any help.

Comment

I'm currently stuck in the house with Luis at part 2-2, any tips for beating this section. It's a fun part, but I can't seem to beat them all.

Comment

Tobal - cap em' in the knees then get close to em' whilst they're down on the knees, command for suplex will appear.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel007
                                I'm currently stuck in the house with Luis at part 2-2, any tips for beating this section. It's a fun part, but I can't seem to beat them all.
                                Miguel...

Make sure you don't stay at one window bay for too long otherwise before you know it, they'll be swarms of villagers. Take them out before they've even had a chance to get in as well, soon enough Luis will tell you to get upstairs, which is just as awkward since they come through the upstairs windows as well. I personally found standing at the top of the stairs, firing off shotgun blasts useful here, since Luis will cover you if any of em' do get in. Be on your guard though.

If your running low on health, get near Luis and he'll sort you out with a Green Herb. (not THAT sort of herb)

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X