No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried that couple times, soon as a started mashing the button, the bastard threw me off and stomped a mudhole in my ass.

Comment

I think that one rocket will kill him as well.

Comment

I never once purchased the rocket launcher ya know. I found it half way through the game, but saved it. Takes up too much space. Think I used it when I was in a sticky situation near the end.

Comment

Is the Luger type pistol worth souping up?

Comment

Originally posted by taurusnipple
            Also, and thank Cella for this. The ogre boss. There's a way to kill him in less than 10 seconds. Shoot him so he's on his knees', then run up close and get the action button. Leon will now run up the ogres back and procede to cut the parasite with his blade. It act's as a timed event, so you keep hammering the action button as fast as you can. Awesome huh?
            Oh my god that is cool.

It took me bloody ages to smite the bugger by taking shots at the gruesomely awesome

thing that comes out of his back

I?m going to have to try that later (means starting a new file! Though I?m looking forward to doing so? I sold far too much treasure too early so want to save them and combine them this time )

Capcom have here a stunner of a game.
            Last edited by Adam Stone; 16-01-2005, 18:06.
            ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Glad to see you got yours Adam, I`m still waiting as the chavoffice in Chichester only do letter delivery on Saturdays.

Comment

Wow, I've never seen a thread grow so fast!

Should have this by tomorrow if the postie does his job correctly.
                Mouth dry, palms sweatin, palpitations!

The cube is a bitch for making you wait for the AAA's, but when it delivers...jeebuzz cripes!!!

Comment

I?m so glad I started a new save file?

I can?t believe how many things I missed during the first few hours. I think Capcom are to blame really, they have crammed in so many staggering details into every conceivable area; nock and cranny, it proves far too much for the human mind to take in. heh.

Seriously though, I?m loving playing through the first sections again and am probably (amazingly) enjoying it more so. Feeling fairly confident with how to execute some pretty awesome death combos (whilst utilizing the A button to crescent kick, side kick etc ) i?m being more experimental now and it?s a lot of fun. It?s so satisfying toying with the foes, but its still really tense, despite me actually knowing what?s waiting up ahead.

My treasure management with the merchant has improved considerably? meaning that I have more money to spend on upgrades/weapons etc.

Mr Huxley, good luck buddy. Here?s hoping a wind of luck blows your way and that you?ll be enjoying the wonder that is RE4 tomorrow! ^_^
                  ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Just past the bad dudes surrounding the cabin now, and I'm still running around with my mouth wide open or screaming like a girl.

It's just utterly stunning in every respect and I can't believe that a game so different to its roots has managed to pull off the gameplay so well. Really enjoying all the side quests and treasure hunting and taking my time in blasting those ****s away.

Just... awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                      I don't think Cella et all would know if it works with Freeloader, since they will own US Gamecubes

Come on JRM, give us your opinion!
                      I actually just got it. I bought the Gamespot Special Edition, the one in the red tin with a little booklet and laser cell. I was finally able to play it for a bit last night, and it's ****ing awesome, though I'm sure all of you have it by now. I love the presentation, the new action gameplay, everything. I had thought at first that giving the game an over-the-shoulder perspective would help open it up and let me see more (hence, less "Boo!" moments), but it's just the opposite. Now I can't see anything behind or beside me, so last night I had the crap scared out of me several times when villagers would come at me from those directions. I'm such a puss...

Anyway, top quality stuff here, and I can't wait to get into it more as time permits.

Comment

One of the best games ever?

Out of interest has anything from the scrapped version of RE4 been kept in? Like the flashlight, hook hand monster or the environment. That other version also showed Leon being infected by a sort of cloud creature and it seemed as if this would make a big difference in the gameplay. There was no Ashley at that point as well.

Comment

still don't have it off VG+..............better come tomorrow!!!!!

Comment

I've played one of the best & most tense bits of boss gaming I've ever played. Think Alien the movie then make it playable. Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, this game starts fantastically and the ideas and sheer gaming artistry just keep coming and coming. Really showcases game design at it's most intelligent.

Comment

Reading these impressions has pushed my anticipation for this sky high. Please god let this arrive tomorrow!

Comment

Same i really hope it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X