No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overall I?ve had over 16hours of Resident Evil 4 time, but I started again after 6 hours so am around the same location as you Mr Bleeders... bot 10hours in. Just a little further then that I think?

The sniping is executed superbly whilst

having to protect Ashley

, although isn?t really original, is implemented in such a way it expels freshness and cannot go without praise. I absolutely love the section i?m on now and purposely keep dying to re-play it. heh

I cant help to think Capcom have gained some inspiration from Eternal Darkness within RE4?s new approach. Well, in the castle environment i mean. That is no bad thing. Not a bad thing at all. The castle area is creepily atmospheric in a similar way to a couple of the chapters in Silicon Knight?s underrated gem? the music in particular does an incredible job in RE4 to create a sense of unease and fear? the enemies themselves resemble the gothic theme seen in ED which are menacingly sinister. Resident Evil does it far better though.

I love how they

hold shields! And? using the same physics as the wooden doors, can be blown into sprinters with gunfire.

Excellent stuff.

Oh, and im assuming you guys found another little side quest thing? The Zelda-like shooting Gallery? So much fun!
    Last edited by Adam Stone; 17-01-2005, 11:45.
    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
      What's the word on the actual play time in this? Anything near the 20~25 hours Capcom suggest? Is it MGS-ish in it's cutscene/ codec Vs game ratio?

I hate PA.
      Taurus here.

First play through I'd say 20 ish hours yeah. Though on my second playthrough I'm half way into the castle at 3 hours.

Comment

Bona fide Masterwork, thanks and well done to Capcom. Has really exceeded my expectations (which were very high anyway)

I had a mega-sesh on this yesterday and I beat my own record of 14 hrs non-stop playing (which was set on the release of Goldeneye N64). 7.30 Sunday morning morning I switched on, switched off at 12.30 this morning, only stopping to quickly grab snacks and drinks. 17 hours. Can't wait to get back to it tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by cella
          Taurus here.

First play through I'd say 20 ish hours yeah. Though on my second playthrough I'm half way into the castle at 3 hours.
          First time I completed RE on the GC it took me 20 hours. After I'd worked out the best route I managed to get it down to 2 hrs 20. Though apparantly there's not as much backtracking in RE4 as there was in previous installments.

Comment

I'm playing mine with Version 1.04 of Freeloader (The First Version) and the game works fine, BUT the audio is a little out of sync during the cut scenes, is this the same with newer versions of Freeloader or is it just because I'm using the first version. Thanks.

Comment

Adam, you're revealing lots of things that happen in the game that would be better left as surprises! Like Gameplay elements and stuff, protecting a certain someone aswell.

Comment

Mr 007, my apologies if I?ve revealed anything significant. My excitement can cause me to blurt somethings out sometimes, sorry. I?ve tried to keep spoilers at a minimum and anything slightly major highlighted in the spoiler tag. Being in the first play thread though, its hard to talk about the game if one cant describe some of the wonderful things which make it so stunning? So many great things, its hard to resist the temptations to share

Tho, I kinda feel that by reading a thread like this there is, inevitably, a slight risk of reading something you would rather not?

Concerning mentioning protecting a certain someone? again I apologize. But I thought that was one of the things which is pretty much guess work, considering it?s the principle factor of the plot

Edit: I?ve edited my previous posts and added some spoiler tags
                Last edited by Adam Stone; 17-01-2005, 11:59.

Comment

I've had a quick flick and can't find anything - is Resi 4 16:9-enhanced? Or does it just run letterboxed?

I'll be pissed if it isn't.

Comment

It's non-anamorphic mate.

Comment

That. Is. So. Crap.

Why make a widescreen game that isn't 16:9-enhanced? Pft.

Beyond Good and Evil, I'm looking at you also.

I'm frankly (and Shirley) aghast now. What a crockfesten.

Comment

Well, it still looks utterly superb if that's of any consolation?

Comment

Its the classic, smaller screen, more gfx from the older days.

Anyways, I got back at lunch and there she was. Booted it up, had a razzle through the first hut, dog and village. Basically I need to get the hang of the over the shoulder tunnel vision, and maybe take things a little slower.

And boy does my grenade skills need to be sharpened. Those chickens didn't know what hit them!

Comment

It's amazing!!!!

Only played half an hour so far since I had a driving lesson just there but it's so god damn good!

I'm using the Cinema setting on my TV so it fills the whole screen instead of leaving borders, and it still looks pixel perfect!

Can't wait to go play some more and really get into it now.

Oh also, the Shotgun ROCKSS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                              That. Is. So. Crap.
                              It is, aye, but don't you have a zoom in feature on your TV to ease the pain? Not perfect, but works for me.

Comment

Just witness the most graphically stunning thing e.v.e.r in a console videogame?

For those in and fairly into the Castle area?

Deep within the fortress is a room looking beautifully aflame -

here you encounter our Lord of the Rings troll friend again. But this time there are two of them! In the center of the room is a pool of lava and near by is a lever which opens/shuts a hatch. Obviously the first thing I want to do is boil the buggers arse, so boil him I do. It looks incredible? the animation of the beast, the light, the particles, the steam, the camera shimmering.. no slow down, another troll also still on screen?

Quite simply... unbelievable stuff.

And to think it also plays as beautiful as it looks. *faints*

What Capcom have done on Nintendo's console with RE4 is the perfect example why I'm truly, deeply not fussed when the next set of consoles hit the shelves. Plenty of time of loving left with me cube

Comment

Working...
                                X